POD HD500X

BlockInlay

Octavate.band
Finally saw a deal on CL that was too good to pass.

I've only spent an hour with it so far but I like some of what I've heard. A lot of the presets sound like shit, especially ones that are supposed to sound like a specific song or artist, but there are some that really sound great.

The option to use this board without an amp is nice too when decent speakers or a PA are available.

My plan is to not fall down the rabbit hole and focus on locking in good tones and then shift focus back to playing.

Is anyone interested in swapping/sharing presets? Maybe build a little library. I know there's a big library on Line6's site but separating the wheat from the chaff is a chore.

I've got some presets for the HD500, which was the predecessor to the X, that I could share. I might even have a library uploaded somewhere for backup...

I'd be happy to share my patches with you. PM me your email address and I will send you a dropbox invite.

I'd be happy to share my patches with you. PM me your email address and I will send you a dropbox invite.

That'd be great! If I can figure out how, maybe I can set up a library for forum members to access or do something with google drive like jaxn did.

Email is block dot inlay at the gee mail.

Looks like that link takes me to a single patch file, SmokinPeas. Did I miss something?

EDIT: nevermind that's a set list file.
Are you able to get any sounds out of it? I've heard that firmware updates can make patches sound pretty bad, so I'm curious how they sound across different devices.

Finally got some time to play last night and @jaxn slim 's set list worked like a charm. thanks man! you have some great sounding patches. I didn't encounter any weird sounds running into desktop speakers and no software glitches.

I also noticed that HD500 and HD500x patches have different file extensions. Both work on the 500x. When working on a PC, you just need to view all files in order for the 500 patches to show up on the 500x editor.

Finally got some time to play last night and @jaxn slim 's set list worked like a charm. thanks man! you have some great sounding patches. I didn't encounter any weird sounds running into desktop speakers and no software glitches.

I also noticed that HD500 and HD500x patches have different file extensions. Both work on the 500x. When working on a PC, you just need to view all files in order for the 500 patches to show up on the 500x editor.
I'm glad it worked.
Thank you. I spent some weeks dialing those in.

Those of you who use one of these gizmos, what do you typically plug into?

I plugged a pair of OK sounding desktop speakers into the headphone jack. The speakers break up at fairly low volume, particularly with clean patches. The breakup sounds awful. I don't own a PA or studio monitors...is there a simple, cheap workaround? Would a different output other than the headphones work better? Any other options? I like the notion of bedroom level volume for playing without blowing my ears out, and I'm surprised that these speakers are breaking up at low volume (they do not break up when playing music or videogames).

I'm clearly ignorant on this subject so pardon my lame questions.

Back