Pluots…greatest fruit ever invented?

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I'm enjoying a couple of nice, dripping with juice, dinosaur egg pluots as I type this :)

These have to be one of my favorite fruits, I've never had a pluot that wasn't nice & juicy.

Dapple_Dandy_pluot_02-28968.jpg

They sure beat boysenberries :embarrassed:

They make for a nice photo!

I need to work more fruit into my diet, maybe I'll keep an eye out for those.

They make for a nice photo!

I need to work more fruit into my diet, maybe I'll keep an eye out for those.
I've only ever found them during summer, but they are delicious. Cross between a Plum and an Apricot, hence their name Pluot.

I like pluots. Not as much as I like real Santa Rosa Plums, but they're good.
Have you tried Cotton Candy grapes?
10.jpg

I like em for baking (galettes, tarts, etc), but for some reason, plums et al never really do it for me for eating fresh. but I'm not really that much of a fruit person.

I like em for baking (galettes, tarts, etc), but for some reason, plums et al never really do it for me for eating fresh. but I'm not really that much of a fruit person.

The variety available here in the Bay Area at farmers' markets is absolutely staggering. At one booth (Stackhouse Brothers) I can normally get between three and five varieties of plums, one plumcot and another three to five varieties of pluot, along with white and yellow peaches and nectarines. I love this time of year!

Here are one of my favorite varieties:

flavorgrenade.jpg

The variety available here in the Bay Area at farmers' markets is absolutely staggering. At one booth (Stackhouse Brothers) I can normally get between three and five varieties of plums, one plumcot and another three to five varieties of pluot, along with white and yellow peaches and nectarines. I love this time of year!

Here are one of my favorite varieties:

flavorgrenade.jpg

I lived in Castro Valley. I had five different types of plums in my yard.
I miss that a lot.

Pluots are a nice change of pace, but plums and peaches are better.

as far as I'm concerned the Apple is the greatest fruit ever invented.....oh and Richard Simmons

980x.gif

:embarrassed:

Back