Please recommend an inexpensive 1x12 cab

I've had 2 of those eBay cabinets and cannot say anything bad about them...they are well made with quality materials and I had no issues with them...highly recommended...

This thread is pertinent to my interests as well. I've been thinking of picking up a decent 1x12 8 or 16 ohm cabinet/speaker. I've been looking at those Panamas...

This thread is pertinent to my interests as well. I've been thinking of picking up a decent 1x12 8 or 16 ohm cabinet/speaker. I've been looking at those Panamas...
I'm not sure about how good their speakers are but hell, swapping a speaker is about as easy as it gets.
Plus I think they are pretty sharp looking.

Open back cabs are pretty simple to build yourself, if so inclined.

Attachments

• IMG_0169.JPG
    IMG_0169.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 64
Well, it's a toss up between the ebay and the panama speakers... don't think I could go wrong with either.

Since I've got two speakers, I'm also thinking about a 2x12... 'cause more is more better, right?

Well, it's a toss up between the ebay and the panama speakers... don't think I could go wrong with either.

Since I've got two speakers, I'm also thinking about a 2x12... 'cause more is more better, right?
Yes, absolutely more is better.
I, personally prefer and use a 2x12 but that's just me.

Does that eBay cab have a metal grill to protect the speaker? If not you'll have to install grill cloth or buy a metal grill cover separately.
I suppose you could leave it exposed too. But that would just invite a host of problems I would think.

2x12 cabs do tend to sound less boxy than 1x12s.

Does that eBay cab have a metal grill to protect the speaker? If not you'll have to install grill cloth or buy a metal grill cover separately.
I suppose you could leave it exposed too. But that would just invite a host of problems I would think.
They have them as an available option...

I ordered mine with the grill and the removable back panel, added about 30.00 to the price but worth it...

Does that eBay cab have a metal grill to protect the speaker? If not you'll have to make a frame out of MDF, then install grill cloth or buy a metal grill cover separately.

FIFY

I'm not sure about how good their speakers are but hell, swapping a speaker is about as easy as it gets.
Plus I think they are pretty sharp looking.

Have you tried swapped a speaker out in those Panama cabs yet? It's nowhere near as simple as it should be. They do not want those speakers to ever come out.

Didn't there used to be somebody on eBay that would sell flat pack (unassembled) cabs for cheap?

Have you tried swapped a speaker out in those Panama cabs yet? It's nowhere near as simple as it should be. They do not want those speakers to ever come out.
No I haven't. I don't own one of them but I've been watching them for a little while. The price is right so I may spring for one, one of these days.
I'm guessing that the speakers are more fender flavored than Marshall but idk.

Back