Please help me build a pedal board

I think an 8 pedal board should do it for me.

I'm looking for a traditional chorus and delay. Nothing fancy; I'm a fan of simple. I think I'll just have to dedicate some time to watch/listen to video demos and then start the inevitable buy/sell period.

I need a tuner as well.

I'm hoping to get a good start with $300-$400 allocated for: board, chorus, delay, tuner, and patch cables.

I have a couple dirt pedals already.
I would highly recommend a switcher. It doesn't need to be a high end one like the Boss units. But Joyo sells some which are reasonable priced:

http://www.joyoaudio.com/en/product/fl_54.html

If you are gigging, make sure you have a backup if you use a joyo. If you're a basement player like me, they're fine. No way I would trust their stuff on a gig.
I know a guy that uses one and he hasn't had a problem.
I think Joyo is better than they used to be. I certainly wouldn't go on tour with one but a bar room gig....why not?
That said, if you completely rely on pedals for you're tone, you're in big trouble if it does go down....doesn't matter what brand it is.

I know a guy that uses one and he hasn't had a problem.
I think Joyo is better than they used to be. I certainly wouldn't go on tour with one but a bar room gig....why not?
That said, if you completely rely on pedals for you're tone, you're in big trouble if it does go down....doesn't matter what brand it is.

I bought 2 of their pedals a couple of years ago and they both died in a few months with barely any use. Losing a pedal or even 2 wouldn't kill me on a gig, but losing the ability to change between them may. I have toyed with trying their switcher because I don't gig, so no big deal if he flaked out on me.

That's a bummer. I just figured at the price Joyo is selling at, he could get his feet wet. The switcher I have and also the Boss that Mark has are pretty expensive. (But they are great units).

Back