Playing with a compressor

Right hand has come a long, long way. It's doing really well. It is still weak, and it still hurts when over-exerted, but it no longer hurts 24/7 like it used to.

Left hand surgery was originally scheduled for September 14, as I think I mentioned here, it got postponed. Was rescheduled for October 17th (yup, two days ago), but I found out late Thursday of last week that I had to be in court in downtown San Diego to testify in a trial (no, I didn't do anything, it was a civil case I was a witness for), so once again I had to postpone it. Probably just as well, because I've had this lingering bronchial sickness bullshit that's been going around for several weeks now with no sign of letting up. Chances are pretty good my surgeon would have made me reschedule anyways due to that.

So, probably going to be mid November before it happens.

In the meantime, I'm still waiting on an arthogram of both hips (a really "fun" procedure wherein they use what looks like an embalming needle to inject dye into the joint and take "contrast x-rays") which follows the two 1.5 hour MRIs on them. That's gonna blow goats, but it needs to happen. Should have happened already, but between the imaging center and that Surgeon's referral person, it keeps getting screwed up.

The Steroid Injections I got in my knees last month worked remarkably well in terms of mitigating the pain. I had a few weeks of very welcome relief... But as I expected, the one on the totally FUBAR left knee not only wore off way too quickly, but it's quite apparent that more damage was sustained in the interim. Now it hurts worse than before and is much less stable.

What a drag it is getting old.

"what a drag" amen.

I've had a cold for a few weeks, hacking shit up. I need to get a flue shot but, have to wait. One of my regular customers is an assisted living place and contractors have to get the shot to work there. Of course my batshit crazy sis in law is anti-vaccine and keeps posting crap about it on facebook. Not anywhere near the scope of what you need but I kind of know wishing I could just get it over with. More mojo sent.

Right hand has come a long, long way. It's doing really well. It is still weak, and it still hurts when over-exerted, but it no longer hurts 24/7 like it used to.

Left hand surgery was originally scheduled for September 14, as I think I mentioned here, it got postponed. Was rescheduled for October 17th (yup, two days ago), but I found out late Thursday of last week that I had to be in court in downtown San Diego to testify in a trial (no, I didn't do anything, it was a civil case I was a witness for), so once again I had to postpone it. Probably just as well, because I've had this lingering bronchial sickness bullshit that's been going around for several weeks now with no sign of letting up. Chances are pretty good my surgeon would have made me reschedule anyways due to that.

So, probably going to be mid November before it happens.

In the meantime, I'm still waiting on an arthogram of both hips (a really "fun" procedure wherein they use what looks like an embalming needle to inject dye into the joint and take "contrast x-rays") which follows the two 1.5 hour MRIs on them. That's gonna blow goats, but it needs to happen. Should have happened already, but between the imaging center and that Surgeon's referral person, it keeps getting screwed up.

The Steroid Injections I got in my knees last month worked remarkably well in terms of mitigating the pain. I had a few weeks of very welcome relief... But as I expected, the one on the totally FUBAR left knee not only wore off way too quickly, but it's quite apparent that more damage was sustained in the interim. Now it hurts worse than before and is much less stable.

What a drag it is getting old.
Damn dude, mojo sent.
How old are you?

Damn dude, mojo sent.
How old are you?
Just turned 48 less than a month ago. Most of my physical ailments are either a direct result of, or greatly exacerbated by a whole shitload of horrific injuries sustained in my reckless youth.
Too old to rock n roll, too young to die.
It ain't over Tull it's over!
OGG can still rock n roll fo sure.
Fuh sho! Ain't nothing gonna stop me.
"what a drag" amen.

I've had a cold for a few weeks, hacking shit up. I need to get a flue shot but, have to wait. One of my regular customers is an assisted living place and contractors have to get the shot to work there. Of course my batshit crazy sis in law is anti-vaccine and keeps posting crap about it on facebook. Not anywhere near the scope of what you need but I kind of know wishing I could just get it over with. More mojo sent.
Fortunately, I got my flu shot immediately when they were available, got my HEP A shot a few weeks back (not sure if you know, but there's an outbreak in San Diego County that's already killed dozens of people), been sick ever since. Go figure.

Back