Playing through the pain.

i have NEVER got the whole "gotta eat the hottest thing in the solar system.....so i can say i did"
i like hot stuff...i go thru tabasco sauce like i own the company....i have some Hab sauces.....but why the ghost pepper thing? can you cook with them....well...yea, if you use ½ ounce of them per 5 gallon tub of chili.....but what's the point. they are SO hot that there is not taste....well....not that yer gonna percieve.....for a day or two.

i just don't get it....other than assclown macho crap.

Ghost pepper sauce tastes good though. Different flavor than jalapeño or habanero sauces. :shrug:

Ghost pepper sauce tastes good though. Different flavor than jalapeño or habanero sauces. :shrug:

how can it "taste" at all.....i mean it's 1000 times hotter than tabasco....that's like saying hydrochloric acid tastes tangy....for what......a millasecond.....right before it burns the skin off yer tongue?

I've had ghost pepper sauce...it was really really hot but used in the appropriate way was actually really good. Now if I had poured the whole thing over my enchilada I probably would have been in some serious pain.

I agree mongooz that I don't get the whole eat as hot as you can thing either but ghost peppers can be pretty good. And frankly I'd have ghost peppers over tabasco any day..I'm just not a fan (and don't find it particularly hot either)

Well, at least it was more than 5 minutes of watching someone's face explode after eating a ridiculously hot chile. A hot chile, and a little Sinatra . . . that's entertainment!

This reminds me of the time I ordered a habanero risotto dish at a cafe in DC. The line cooks hadn’t worked with habaneros before and didn’t realize you have to temper the pepper with other ingredients to make them edible. They just threw finely diced habaneros into the food. That’s the only time I’ve ever had a glass of milk with dinner in a restaurant.

how can it "taste" at all.....i mean it's 1000 times hotter than tabasco....that's like saying hydrochloric acid tastes tangy....for what......a millasecond.....right before it burns the skin off yer tongue?

Everyone perceives the heat differently (plus you can build a tolerance)....not to mention that it's possible for people to like different things from each other.
Someone with a low tolerance, or those who don't 'do' spicy, won't perceive much beyond the heat factor of spicy hot food.

Reactions: Tig
Everyone perceives the heat differently (plus you can build a tolerance)....not to mention that it's possible for people to like different things from each other.
Someone with a low tolerance, or those who don't 'do' spicy, won't perceive much beyond the heat factor of spicy hot food.
this statement makes sense. Though I enjoy very much moderately hot sauces (Cholula, Tapatio, Sriracha, various peppers) and have my opinions among those, much hotter and all I get is hot. And a bunch of sweat.

I suppose the same is true for some folks with hops. I can handle a very hoppy beer and still taste distinctions. Others can only taste hop bitterness after a certain point.

I don't even have that high a tolerance I don't think, but I'll take a ghost pepper sauce over sriracha any day. Must just be a chemistry thing, I also like Tapatio over Cholula.

I don't even have that high a tolerance I don't think, but I'll take a ghost pepper sauce over sriracha any day. Must just be a chemistry thing, I also like Tapatio over Cholula.
I like sriracha just for Asian. I used to be at Tapatio guy but now usually choose cholula so I can go either way.

Back