Played this at Guitar Center today.

There's a local store here in town that pretty much subsists on band instrument rentals and the shittiest guitar gear known to man; low-end BC Rich, the worst of AXL and other no-names, etc. In the window they had a beautiful Sonor drum kit, so I went in and asked them about it. It was a discontinued 2013 model and when I checked it out, it had sat there so long that the drums were cobwebbed together and there were dead bugs all on the heads. I asked about the price and they wanted list for it. I asked what they'd do for cash money on the table, and they said $100 off list. Then, the clerk looked at me and snarkily said, "You *do* know that doesn't include cymbals or hardware, right? Most beginners don't." I just smiled and said, "Sorry, I'm looking for something a little nicer. Sorry I wasted your time." I won't even buy a pack of strings from them now. When they finally go under I'm looking forward to the closeout sale... they have some late 90's Crate Flexwave amps (still at list price) in the window that would be great for holding down tarps in the garage.
i think that every big town has one or two of those. we have 2 or 3. i don't bother going to them at all. and they all act the same way. full retail price for stuff that 4 years old and smug and snarky about it.
Sounds like the place @Mark Wein used to post about, across the street from Premier Music. Like that place, this one will likely go under too.

Back