Places you want to go musically....

I would like to be good enough to play with other musicians...
I would like to know some other musicians...
I would like to have the time to play with other musicians...

The time thing might be soon...we'll see..the other bits especially the first one not so much

I want to get to that place where I can still play even when I am aware that people are listening.

bootsy_collins89054893.jpg

sun-ra.jpg

What I'd like to do is find a bassist, a guitarist, and a keyboard player and put together a roots/country rock backing band. There are a ton of talented singer-songwriters in Sacramento, and I think it would be fun to play with a bunch of them, while giving them an opportunity to play gigs larger than coffeehouses. Plus, no lead singer drama

I'd like to get my backlog of pop collabs finished, change strings on the mandolins and play nothing but old-timey and Irish fiddle tunes for a year or two. I want to forget about arrangements or singing, or speedwork and note selection, and not worry about anything but playing beautiful tonez for days.

What I'd like to do is find a bassist, a guitarist, and a keyboard player and put together a roots/country rock backing band. There are a ton of talented singer-songwriters in Sacramento, and I think it would be fun to play with a bunch of them, while giving them an opportunity to play gigs larger than coffeehouses. Plus, no lead singer drama

I missed that you were back in Sac, I guess. Wonder if you've ever played with my buddy Travis, he might be interested in a collab situation. I would be, but free time is a major killer for me. As in, I have none, or it involves the babies. Ha.

There was a recent Craigslist ad for a Jam Band bassist. "Warning, we are not exclusively a Dead cover band, but we do play a LOT of Dead."
That's like my dream situation to utilize my Guild Starfire, but I'm already in a band that I'm dedicated to and I enjoy(alt country/rock but no Dead) and these Deadheads were 30-40 miles away.
So I let it go, sigh. Been looking for something like that for years.

I just want to be able to be able to play/practice regularly on a guitar that doesn't suck.

i'd like to get closer to being able to do stuff like SRV/Chris Duarte/Jimi/Buddy Whittington/Dan Toler......better than the grip i have on it now.

and that's just gonna take playing it as much as possible. i'm not going to sit down and "study" it like a college degree....that would be too much like work

Back