Places to buy Gear

Man I can't lose the 5150 it gots more meaning than just an amp. It's got a lot irreplaceable value, my grandmother helped me get that and my guitar

I can understand that. It's not the kind of amp I like, and I would never in a million years have any use for that much power. I have a few guitars I would never sell, the Green Reeves Sig, the Hinson, and the Gretsch my wife bought for me. I can't tell you the last time I played the Gretsch.

I can understand that. It's not the kind of amp I like, and I would never in a million years have any use for that much power. I have a few guitars I would never sell, the Green Reeves Sig, the Hinson, and the Gretsch my wife bought for me. I can't tell you the last time I played the Gretsch.

Some things ya just can't get rid of

The Green Reeves is boss. I know what you are talking about. I sold my Hondo Chiquita I got from my mom upon gradatuation but I was lucky to buy it back. It is a keep sake even if I don't use it.

Im ordering my amp tonight, I'm still thinking Marshall class 5. It's the head and the speaker cabinet for 599.00. But that Blackstar combo keeps gettin a second look

My only decision now really is combo or stack
Combo easily if it's between it and the stack. They have the same exact speaker, so there is absolutely know point in blowing the extra $200 for the stack IMO.

Now, FWIW, I sold my combo and got the head version simply because I found a cab I liked and didn't want to lug the combo and the cab around. So if you are looking to experiment with different speakers and cabs, I'd go with the head. But I must say, the stock speaker is pretty darn good. I just switched to a 1x12" with a Greenback in it because it was a little crunchier and had better bass response compared to the combo's 10".

Combo easily if it's between it and the stack. They have the same exact speaker, so there is absolutely know point in blowing the extra $200 for the stack IMO.

Now, FWIW, I sold my combo and got the head version simply because I found a cab I liked and didn't want to lug the combo and the cab around. So if you are looking to experiment with different speakers and cabs, I'd go with the head. But I must say, the stock speaker is pretty darn good. I just switched to a 1x12" with a Greenback in it because it was a little crunchier and had better bass response compared to the combo's 10".

Thanks for the info I thought it would be easier to lug the combo around than the cab I really want to take to my Cuz's to play mainly and maybe various other places

Thanks for the info I thought it would be easier to lug the combo around than the cab I really want to take to my Cuz's to play mainly and maybe various other places
Yeah, I'd suggest the combo in that case. And plus, the combo can drive a cab, so it's not like you can't plug it into a 4x12 when the chance arises. :rawk:

And like I said, the Class 5 has a great speaker in it, so you can't go wrong.

OTOH, If you're looking for something like the class 5 or the blackstar, you'll probably find that most retailers are going to be selling new stock for the same basic price once you complete the transaction. Buying online, make sure they have a decent return policy and service. If you're going to be dropping the cash for an amp and a guitar in a reasonable period, it might be worthwhile finding a smaller local shop that might deal more if you're a repeat customer.

Our local shops suck for new stuff.

I've gotten more good deals online from Amazon than anywhere else.

It's official I'm the proud owner of one of these. Should be here by Tuesday.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343403609.632408.jpg

Back