Places to buy Gear

SVH917

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Are there other places to buy gear off the web other than, Musicians Friend, Sweetwater, American musical Supply??????

Right now heads and combo amps, soon music man guitars

OTOH, If you're looking for something like the class 5 or the blackstar, you'll probably find that most retailers are going to be selling new stock for the same basic price once you complete the transaction. Buying online, make sure they have a decent return policy and service. If you're going to be dropping the cash for an amp and a guitar in a reasonable period, it might be worthwhile finding a smaller local shop that might deal more if you're a repeat customer.

OTOH, If you're looking for something like the class 5 or the blackstar, you'll probably find that most retailers are going to be selling new stock for the same basic price once you complete the transaction. Buying online, make sure they have a decent return policy and service. If you're going to be dropping the cash for an amp and a guitar in a reasonable period, it might be worthwhile finding a smaller local shop that might deal more if you're a repeat customer.
+1 All my local stores have about the same price as Guitar Center, Sweetwater, etc on big stuff like amps and guitars. And if they don't they'll probably do their best to match the price or throw another incentive in. (Cables, strings, picks, etc.) Plus it's a pain in the butt if you get the amp in and it doesn't work. :rolleyes:

And I've been trying to find a marshall JCM 1 but I can't find one anywhere
Yeah, those will be hard to find. And actually, you'll probably have better luck at a local store with those. The only 50th anniversary amp I've come across that's been in stock that I could've bought was at a small shop in a town close to mine. All the other sites I've ran across are sold out.

Yeah, those will be hard to find. And actually, you'll probably have better luck at a local store with those. The only 50th anniversary amp I've come across that's been in stock that I could've bought was at a small shop in a town close to mine. All the other sites I've ran across are sold out.

I think I'm going with the class 5 anyways however I found a good deal on a Blackstar

I don't think the JCM-1 is widely available, yet. It'll run you about $800 just for the head, so be ready for that. Keep an eye out, though.

I don't think the JCM-1 is widely available, yet. It'll run you about $800 just for the head, so be ready for that. Keep an eye out, though.

Yep - it is not cheap. They are available in the UK at the moment.

As for buying stuff, I also like to check out Amazon.

Zzounds and Sweetwater both do payments. Zzounds is 4 or 5, Sweetwater is 3. I wish Sweetwater did 4, because they have more of the kind of gear I like, which is unfortunately very, very expensive. :embarrassed: It takes me a year sometimes to save up for one piece of gear there.

You are going to need to find a local shop that would do layaway if that is the route you want to go. Or just trade or sell the 5150.

Man I can't lose the 5150 it gots more meaning than just an amp. It's got a lot irreplaceable value, my grandmother helped me get that and my guitar

Back