Pedalboard musings from this weeks gig....

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member

380 by Mark Wein on MarkWeinGuitarLessons.com
I replaced the Soul Food with the Bogner Harlow pedal. Definitely an improvement although it was less clean headroom that I would normally use in a pedal in that position on my board. The compressor was nice and honestly any tune where I would have used my Wampler Ego Compressor ended up using the Harlow with the "Bloom" turned up a bit. My big complaint about the pedal is not really a complaint as much that my other pedals are probably a bit worn out....I really had to stomp the shit out of the button to get it to turn off and onn...sometimes after a solo I'd want to turn off the pedal, step on it and it would still be on. I think it just has a really heavy duty switch in it.

I'm tempted to try running the reverb in the amps loop and see if I dig how it sounds..without the Xotic Blender loop pedal it kills too much signal and with it on its a little harsh and thin sounding if I use the pedals preamp/buffer to compensate. I find myself almost never using it but when I play through my Holland I use the on board reverb a bunch for certain things.

If I had to I could probably lose the Fuzz and the reverb and get through any gig with what is left over. Considering how tight most spaces I play in are (like this Thursday nights show at La Cave) and its tempting to downsize again just so my shit fits on stage.

I can...cop0
Not the first time thats happened :embarrassed: I actually collapsed the button on my RC Booster and the back came apart inside the pedal a few months ago. Luckily the last time that happened Xotic send me 2 switches. The newer ones have a more sturdy button now.

Not the first time thats happened :embarrassed: I actually collapsed the button on my RC Booster and the back came apart inside the pedal a few months ago. Luckily the last time that happened Xotic send me 2 switches. The newer ones have a more sturdy button now.
Wein-proof switches now standard on every pedal...

Back