Question: Pedal On and Off Question When Power is Added

mikesr1963

Gonna walk my dog, you?
On my pedal rack, I have 15 pedals powered by three power supplies. 2 are Godlyke Poweralls and one is a Boss. They're plugged into a power strip. When I flip the switch to add power half the pedals are off and half have their power on lights glowing. Why is that? Some are Boss pedals, some are not, just seems weird.

Some pedals with momentary logic switches default to on when power is applied. Never understood that.

On my pedal rack, I have 15 pedals powered by three power supplies. 2 are Godlyke Poweralls and one is a Boss. They're plugged into a power strip. When I flip the switch to add power half the pedals are off and half have their power on lights glowing. Why is that? Some are Boss pedals, some are not, just seems weird.

I've noticed that all Boss pedals I've owned always default to on as you turn power strips on. No idea why that is.

I've noticed that all Boss pedals I've owned always default to on as you turn power strips on. No idea why that is.

And see it doesn't happen to all my Boss pedals. I even have Boss pedals next to each other and one will be on and one will not. Strange in deed.

Last edited:
I am tempted to say that is the way the logic was designed. Were they that way when you bought them? If no, some of the components - mostly caps may have begun to breakdown. Another could be that upon start up when the power is first turned on, the in rush spike causes the state to have.

I have that too. When turnimg on my board my delay is always on and reverb off. Directly the opposite of what I would like, bit I can deal with it. The others are exactly as I left them.

Back