pedal for over the top brootz

Lerxst

spaghetti and blankets
Now that my single rect is on its way to a new home, I'm on the hunt. Criteria is under 2 bills new or used and should be able to cover some different high gain genre tones, not a one trick high gainer.

Contenders in order of current pref

Amptweaker tight metal jr
MI Megalith Delta
Emma Pisdiyauwot
Mesa Throttle Box <-> Wampler Triple Wreck

Feedback apprec if you have played a few of these.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of the Zvex Box of Metal for the brootalz.

Also, you can't go wrong with Amptweaker, IMO. Dude's a genius.

I bought one of those Digitech hardwire metal pedals and love it. Low gain on the "Loose" setting sounds like a muff at about 9 oclock, but with three band parametric EQ. You can get Gilmour out of it with some tweaking, stoner rock, Hendrix. "Tight" setting is exactly that, have to boost the bass a bit.

Worth trying at least, unless you just want a "status" pedal.

MI Audio. I have the Tube Zone, which is the predecessor to the Megalith. When I want to approximate my Mesa Subway Rocket, that's the one I use.

56S5JRi.png

Actually, I order this seconds after I posted the thread.
Past the clips and vids, the onboard noise gate and controls sold me

Initial impressions:
Box is really well thought out with plenty of mounting options. Great design.
TONS of gain but still articulate and the attack is super precise.

Oh, I forgot about this!!! Check this out, I found it right after I bought my digitech and didn't need it anymore, but still GAS it.

Oh, I forgot about this!!! Check this out, I found it right after I bought my digitech and didn't need it anymore, but still GAS it.

I can't say I like any of the Kingman demos of 'metal' oriented pedals...it's not really his thing. Ola England, otoh, I think presents it better

56S5JRi.png

Actually, I order this seconds after I posted the thread.
Past the clips and vids, the onboard noise gate and controls sold me

Initial impressions:
Box is really well thought out with plenty of mounting options. Great design.
TONS of gain but still articulate and the attack is super precise.

I know Guitar Heel loves the Amp Tweaker stuff.

musings on a couple of the suggestions offered, thanks all.
Box'du metal - never played it but it sounds like great pedal in demos. I'm not a big fan of those horizontal zvex layouts.
Hardwire - there's like a ragged static thing I get with that one. On the cheaper side of things, the Blackstart LT metal seems a little more up my alley.
Empress - nice sounding pedal but too much $$
Sabra - been there, done that. Not really checking boxes here

Pretty sure mine is still in my old school BOSS PCB pedal case/board combo along with the power supply, EQ7, CH1,PH2 and a DD somethingorother from the 80s.

Back