xigqo6uy6f7akhr0w35v.jpg

u1vbfik3oaeutzdx9ovv.jpg

xigqo6uy6f7akhr0w35v.jpg

u1vbfik3oaeutzdx9ovv.jpg

lzn7bsaipbbthop8pb1t.jpg

wvws4pji6cdrrembfdtl.jpg

p8ccu3zrgqlns2kvcxjv.jpg

e45zulbedtjkcim6nubq.jpg

Super nice 1979 Peavey T60 with original case. It has a couple of dings, as shown in pictures, but otherwise fantastic condition. It was purchased from the original owner who hadn't played it in 25 years! Anyway, all functional and original.
Product Specs
Condition:
Excellent
Make:
Peavey
Model:
T60
Finish:
Natural
Categories:
Vintage (pre-1980), Solid Body
Year:
Made In:
United States

Played one in a shop one time, but was really in the buying spirit. Thought is was a heavy, but nice guitar. If the time was right, I probably would.

I played a T15 a few months ago. It is the short scale version of the guitar. It had the thinnest neck I have ever played. The body was not as big as I thought it would be. I probably should have bought it.

Meh. I remember those and the bass version back in the early-1980's. They definitely were not the "cool" guitars and basses to have back then. They may be fine guitars, but the aesthetics do not appeal to me.

I know a guy has 2 or 3 of those. He loves em.
They sound pretty good but they're kinda ugly and definitely boat anchors.

They're great guitars. Many people don't understand the idiosyncratic controls and thus don't like the tone because they don't know what they're doing. The HBs only function as buckers up through 7 on the tone control, after that the second coil rolls out and at ten they're singles. So, many people have their tone cranked to ten and can't understand why the buckers sound thin.

Grain mismatch has always been a peeve of mine though, and that'un's a prime example.

Of course there are ways around that.

4f1cecd89d07b.image.jpg

Re the weight, the Northern Oak naturals are the heavy ones. Frequently the painted ones, like mine, are poplar, and much lighter weight.

I've always wanted one of those since they came out in the 70's. Found one a while back in a shop, pristine, plastic still on the pickguard, with case, for $300. Had the go-ahead from the wife to get it on the spot.

Played it, and it was literally the deadest sounding, unmusical guitar I've ever played. I handed it back to the shop owner and walked out. Disappointing.

I would get it. I'm crazy. After two back surgeries, I can only play sitting down. Wagdog, I agree that they have an incredibly faint unamplified sound. However, when I played mine clean during lessons, I was struck by a kind of sweetness to the sound of the clean notes through an amp. It handled blues, classic rock sounds, and even Brazilian. But again, so heavy. I can't imagine lugging it through an airport anymore the way I did when I travelled to Austin to visit Chip.

I know that these have their following, but I'd be hard-pressed to find anything about this guitar that really appealed to me.

Back