Peavey Delta Blues vs. Classic 30

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
What's the difference between them?

Elderly's has a used Delta Blues that's relatively cheap, I was wondering if they are a different beast than the Classic 30?

Anybody have experience with a Peavey Delta Blues? I think the one Elderly's has is a 2x10

I have known of the 1x15, which is a nice amp, but even louder than the C-30, and I think has no onboard reverb if I remember correctly. A lot of people really like the sound, but you would have to be able to be loud enough to enjoy it I would think.

I think the main differences are the speaker configuration - either 1x15 or 2x10 and the Tremolo.

They have reverb like the Classic 30.

I don't know if the circuits are the same, but my guess is they are either the same or very close.

Delta Blues has tremolo.

With the Classics, I strongly prefer Peavey's 10" speakers over their 12" version. At similar price, I would take a Delta Blues 2x10 over a Classic 30 without hesitation.

The Classic 30 is a really good amp and the right speaker makes it great. The Delta Blues I played sounded great right out of the box. There's a real pleasant vocal midrange quality to it I love.

IIRC, the Delta Blues (at least the 115 version) has not only reverb, but a rather tasty tremolo, too! Those are really nice amps, but as someone mentioned before, LOUD!

I've had mine (DB 15") for years and I love it. Big sound, gobs of clean headroom, passable reverb and tremolo, and it loves pedals. And they're dirt cheap.

Back