Peavey AT-200 with Antares Autotune

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
https://reverb.com/item/408619-peavey-at-200-antares-autotune-deluxe-gig-bag-included-red-finish

hftpaet8r7efuzpz6bu8.jpg

jmbuu31k64pvqxcuozck.jpg

hftpaet8r7efuzpz6bu8.jpg

jmbuu31k64pvqxcuozck.jpg

v7drgwwmkxkln1gapp7g.jpg

yick9ig5c3ko2hkykzkj.jpg

v2rowbdu7vrwlcn62wx2.jpg

idxdws1rfeyzlapqmjdb.jpg

qxpoyjdnoiofa3hoa9xe.jpg

phsy2t1kwkdt5zavqomx.jpg

vohrbpafkuhrydmdx1tw.jpg

e3hmdboutjkfdw9nkxxp.jpg

About this guitar: This is a brand new guitar stamped as a second by Peavey. It was sold to my supplier as an overstock item. It was opened for inspection and it was set up. It ships in the original box. I have 2 of these in stock. Only one is pictured because of ebay's limitation on the number of pictures that can be posted, but they are identical. FULL FACTORY WARRANTY IS INCLUDED.

With the Peavey AT-200 featuring Auto-Tune for Guitar technology, tuning your guitar has never been easier. You can tune all six strings instantly with the push of a button, no motors or gears required! With Auto-Tune for Guitar activated, strum the strings cleanly and evenly, and then press the volume control to engage String Tune. When you hear the swooshing sound, you know that your guitar is in tune. It's really that simple.

It's one thing to tune up your strings, but as anyone who's been playing for awhile knows, the tougher challenge is maintaining perfect intonation as you move up and down the neck and finger complex chords. Luckily, this is where Auto-Tune for Guitar performs some of its most dramatic magic.

Less-than-perfect intonation muddies your guitar's tone. But by using our new Solid-Tune™ Intonation system, an Auto-Tune for Guitar equipped guitar constantly monitors the precise pitch of each individual string and makes any corrections necessary to ensure that every note of every chord and riff is always in tune, regardless of variables like finger position or pressure or physical limitations of the instrument. As a result, listening to a guitar with Solid-Tune is a revelation, offering a purity of tone that has simply never before been possible.

Auto-Tune for Guitar's Solid-Tune technology is even smart enough to recognize when you want to manipulate the pitch, so you can play bends and vibrato exactly as you always do. In fact, Solid-Tune Intonation makes it even easier to bend to the right pitch every time.

Switching to alternate tunings is simple with the AT-200. Access popular tunings like Drop D, Open G, Baritone and more instantly by adjusting your finger positions according to the user's manual and this video when engaging the Auto-Tune for Guitar feature.

Antares also plans to offer upgrades to the AT-200 for purchase from their web site. From popular tunings like double drop D, open D, open G, and DADGAD to previously-impossible tunings like six-string bass, split bass/guitar (i.e., just the bottom string shifted an octave down), twelve string, and the best polyphonic octaver you've ever heard, Auto-Tune for Guitar can give you access to virtually any tuning you can imagine, along with some you may have never imagined. All without the need to stop and physically retune or swap guitars.

This guitar was sent to the refurbisher as an overstock item, it had no issues that needed to be addressed.

A deluxe gig bag is included.

Specifications

• Amazing automatic tuning via Antares(r) Auto-Tune(tm) for guitar system
  • Sealed diecast tuners, 15-1 gear ratio
  • Master volume with momentary switch to initiate String-tune and Solid-tune™ function
  • Master tone control. Pull up to turn off active system and change to passive pickups
  • 2 Peavey custom designed humbucking pickups
  • Three-way switching selector for both the active Auto-Tune system and passive pickups
  • Dual action torsion rod
  • Full Size MIDI input
  • String thru body for maximum sustain
  • 1/4" and 8 pin DIN connectors. 8 pin DIN connector included for use with optional AT200-B breakout box. (more details on following pages)
  • Battery powered via 4 AA cells. Can also be remotely powered with AT200-B breakout box
  • Upgrade software packages available through Antares via http://guitar.auto-tune.com. Please visit the website for a listing of available software upgrades
  • 25.5" scale
  • Solid Basswood Body
Product Specs
Condition:
Brand New
Make:
Peavey
Model:
AT-200
Finish:
Red
Categories:
Solid Body

One of the teachers has had three of them: First one worked fine for a few days and then inexplicably died. Second one had an issue with it's bridge and nut, so he sent it back. Third one seems fine so far. :shrug:

Less-than-perfect intonation muddies your guitar's tone.

I know, right? When I listen to guys like Les Paul and Chet Atkins all I can think about is how muddy the tone on those old-timey guitars was!

So this is autotune for guitar? It doesn't actually tune strings but electronically alters the pitch?

Yeah, it's basically Peavey's version of the Line 6 Variax vs. Gibson's MinETune (or whatever they're calling it these days) - all of the pitch altering is done electronically instead of mechanically.

IMO Peavey really tripped coming out of the gate on this one. What I don't understand is that while Peavey can produce a nice guitar, they chose to put this system on what appears to be a very blandola Predator Plus-looking thing that is an entry-level instrument at a $500 retail price point, whereas Line6 actually evolved into some pretty nice guitars with the current James Tyler Variax line (albeit maybe a bit overpriced at the outset). When I first saw these when they were released, my immediate reaction was "oh, a clone of the Variax electronics in a mediocre guitar. Pass". I think it would have been much more attractive if Peavey offered this option on different models, like maybe a MIK HP Signature, etc. IIRC it didn't take long for sellers like MF to drop these to $299 for SDOTD and such. I think it would have been much more attractive if Peavey offered this option on different models, like maybe a MIK HP Signature, etc.

Another thing is that you do not get the full alt-tuning and modelling capability out of the box - oh, no, that costs EXTRA - as much as $200 to get the complete modelling software. Again, pass. And no USB connectivity? Sheesh.

Right now, between the AT-200 at $500, and a fully-featured Line6 JTV-69 at as little as a net $750 new, there is no contest - the Line6 stomps the shit out of this thing.

Only one thing that I can see potentially wrong with it and that is the fact that it is a PEAVEY
Nothing wrong with Peavey. My Wolfgang is probably my best-made guitar. I'd buy more of them in an instant if I had the money.

I tried one of these AT-200s out. Definitely interesting. Unfortunately the configuration leaves you with limited options, but still interesting.

Yeah, it's basically Peavey's version of the Line 6 Variax vs. Gibson's MinETune (or whatever they're calling it these days) - all of the pitch altering is done electronically instead of mechanically.

IMO Peavey really tripped coming out of the gate on this one. What I don't understand is that while Peavey can produce a nice guitar, they chose to put this system on what appears to be a very blandola Predator Plus-looking thing that is an entry-level instrument at a $500 retail price point, whereas Line6 actually evolved into some pretty nice guitars with the current James Tyler Variax line (albeit maybe a bit overpriced at the outset). When I first saw these when they were released, my immediate reaction was "oh, a clone of the Variax electronics in a mediocre guitar. Pass". I think it would have been much more attractive if Peavey offered this option on different models, like maybe a MIK HP Signature, etc. IIRC it didn't take long for sellers like MF to drop these to $299 for SDOTD and such. I think it would have been much more attractive if Peavey offered this option on different models, like maybe a MIK HP Signature, etc.

Another thing is that you do not get the full alt-tuning and modelling capability out of the box - oh, no, that costs EXTRA - as much as $200 to get the complete modelling software. Again, pass. And no USB connectivity? Sheesh.

Right now, between the AT-200 at $500, and a fully-featured Line6 JTV-69 at as little as a net $750 new, there is no contest - the Line6 stomps the shit out of this thing.
Well, the Variax doesn't do auto-retuning and the AT200 doesn't do the modeling. I'm surprised that neither did both together because I don't think the technologies are unrelated.

Well, the Variax doesn't do auto-retuning and the AT200 doesn't do the modeling. I'm surprised that neither did both together because I don't think the technologies are unrelated.

Ah, but the AT-200 CAN do modelling; you just have to pay extra for it :rolleyes:

I am kind of neutral about the autotune. I am not neutral on the predator platform for it. The necks on most of the modern Peavey's feel terrible to me.

They had one at my local GC and I tried it. I was very underwhelmed by it. The guitar had no punch to it, everything sounded meh...

It seemed as if the on-board was trying so hard to "compensate" to get the best toanz that it washed out all the punch.

The sales dude seemed excited about it when he showed it to me but I could not find anything about it that would have separated $500 dollars from me.

Back