Peaky Blinders

Jake S.

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Anyone here seen it? I have only watched 3 episodes so far but this show is something else. Acting, writing, cinematography...it's all there. Highly reccomend to anyone with Netflix.

no spoilers allowed!!!

I’ve seen all twelve and I love it. Like you said, it’s all there. And it’s nice to see a big mob drama get away from the stereotypes. I’ve seen enough of the Italians, the Yakuza, and the triads. And I find this one more interesting than Boardwalk Empire, which became terribly redundant after two seasons.

I watched the first two eps, and they didn't really grab me, so I haven't continued watching. I was disappointed, as I really like the lead in everything I've seen him in (can't recall his name right now). Maybe I'll give it another go.

Cillian Murphy. He's a great actor.

I really don't understand how people can't understand British accents.

I really don't understand how people can't understand British accents.

I think some of hit has to do with some BBC shows having an idiosyncratic style of audio production in which voices often aren’t distinct from other noises, which can make speech seem muffled. Doctor Who is especially bad about this. Peaky Blinders has this problem, but to a far lesser degree. There’s also problems with sloppy accents as Scots play brits, Brits play Scots, Irish play Americans, Americans play Irish, and many of them aren’t working with a good dialect coach.

Of course none of that compares to HBO’s True Blood, in which every actor clearly worked with a different dialect coach to develop a rural Louisianan accent, so nobody from the same little town sounded the same.

Scots are Brits, fwiw. The referendum settled that, for the time being.

And forever more :embarrassed:

But I digress. Anyone still into this? I just finished season 5 - the last time I shouted at the TV before tonight was the last season of Breaking Bad.

The wife watched it, then got me hooked on it.

I'm sure my wife would get into it but she's not interested in giving it a try.

Brilliant end to series 5, my only gripe is that accent Billy has which, ironically would likely get him slashed if he spoke like that in Brigton :embarrassed:

Back