PBOTD - 3.16.14 - Flangioplastered!

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
Let's get weird.

The pedal with the terrified pigs on it is the PaltheGiraffe Flangioplasty. It's a circuit-bent DOD FX-75B flanger. Which DOD specifically tuned so it would be a "normal" flanger. Unlike EHX, who embrace the weird.

http://www.americaspedal.net/fx75b/

Here is the original owner's manual:

ftp://ftp.dod.com/pub/PDFs/Discontinued/FX72.pdf

Pal modded the pedal with an additional "fine tuning" knob for the delay. That's the 5th knob. The first 4 switches continue to extend the delay time until the pedal becomes an oscillating tone generator. The Stop switch ceases the oscillating, thereby making it a tuneable tone generator (like the EHX pedal). The Echo switch makes the pedal a short echo. I haven't delved deep enough yet to see what other weirdness lurks within this switch.

What does "circuit bent" mean? I've seen that term a few times lately. It feels like it means more than just modified or tweaked.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

What does "circuit bent" mean? I've seen that term a few times lately. It feels like it means more than just modified or tweaked.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

In this case, it means each one of those switches, and the fifth knob, are connected to a point on the circuit board that DOD didn't originally intend. Though the original circuitry remains in-tact, the new controls "bend" the original into a completely different effect when engaged.

Howie, i think you may have ABC (Adrian Belew Complex)

I've referred you to a forum member, one G. Blanchard for a free consultation.

Back