PBOTD 11/5/15

Chad

Slender Hobbit
Barn Storm was the first time I really got to crank my amp. After a weekend of that, I realized I didn't really need all of the dirt pedals I had on my board. So I decided to scale it back a little. Here is the latest version.
board11.JPG

:thu:

It was so much fun to turn my amp to 11 (it actually does go to 11, which is one louder, innit)...

Loved your board. I love mine too, but man, yours sounded so fucking killer.

I think that the Klone really benefited from the extra power. One of the reasons, I think, that I haven't gotten along with them over the years (aside from the soft clip which isn't really my thing) is the fact that I'm engaging them with the volume at 1.5 or 2, and that's not really the sweet spot for that circuit.

It was so much fun to turn my amp to 11 (it actually does go to 11, which is one louder, innit)...

I think that the Klone really benefited from the extra power. One of the reasons, I think, that I haven't gotten along with them over the years (aside from the soft clip which isn't really my thing) is the fact that I'm engaging them with the volume at 1.5 or 2, and that's not really the sweet spot for that circuit.

Also, I have tried probably 4 or 5 different Klones and this one is by far the best. Plus the builder is a local guy so that is pretty cool too. I think I even had you digging the flanger :grin:

Also, I have tried probably 4 or 5 different Klones and this one is by far the best. Plus the builder is a local guy so that is pretty cool too. I think I even had you digging the flanger :grin:
yeah, but I my defense, I was exceptionally drunk.

didn't know that guy was local...I'll look at his stuff more seriously in the future. I like to support the local folks.

yeah, but I my defense, I was exceptionally drunk.

didn't know that guy was local...I'll look at his stuff more seriously in the future. I like to support the local folks.

http://www.ilovepedalmonsters.com/

He is somewhere near Bethedsa, maybe Rockville, I can't remember.

In my defense of the flanger, I don't usually set mine like a typical flanger. I usually go like Disintegration era Cure. It is almost set to sound like a chorus.

Barn Storm was the first time I really got to crank my amp. After a weekend of that, I realized I didn't really need all of the dirt pedals I had on my board.

I wonder how much pedal flipping is caused by this very factor.

I wonder how much pedal flipping is caused by this very factor.
I have never flipped anything because of it, but I did remove a couple of dirt pedals off this board. I will still keep them around in case I ever need a heavier sound. This was more of a my amp sounded great at higher volume plus I am in my mid 40s and don't really need the guitar of doom sound anymore :grin:

Back