Patch cables

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
So I figured I'd liven this place up with yet another pedalboard thread. :embarrassed:

What are you all using for patch cables? I've been using the Monoprice right angle ones, but I think they're a bit noisy. My pedals are stupid and have a mix of back and side mounted, so right angles work better on some of them. I also need to run the reverbs and delays out to the FX loop, so I'll need a bit of a longer run too.

Does anyone make a pedalboard snake?

Patch cables are homemade using Canare Cable with Switchcraft 90 degree plugs. All connections are soldered.

I just buy a new one when they start to get "chewy".

I used to try to repair them,,,,,then I bought some braided ones (which were good, lasted a long time and looked cool, too)....but in the end......I just buy new ones when I need them and buy the next step up from the cheapie ones.

Patch cables are homemade using Canare Cable with Switchcraft 90 degree plugs. All connections are soldered.
I need to start doing this.

I have mostly George L Solderless cables which sound good but can be inconsistent if you are swapping things out on a regular basis or even gigging regularly. I have some Lava cables that I've tried and I hate them. I shouldn't have to be a master electrician to put together solderless cables.

So I figured I'd liven this place up with yet another pedalboard thread. :embarrassed:

What are you all using for patch cables? I've been using the Monoprice right angle ones, but I think they're a bit noisy. My pedals are stupid and have a mix of back and side mounted, so right angles work better on some of them. I also need to run the reverbs and delays out to the FX loop, so I'll need a bit of a longer run too.

Does anyone make a pedalboard snake?

I've been looking at using the 4 cable method with some pedals and looked for a snake to simplify matters if I go that route.

I found this modular snake from Planet Waves. http://www.daddario.com/pwModularSnake.Page?sid=b5b32753-b88f-44f1-8913-178d15608ab4

Not tried it but the idea seems good.

Back