Help! Patch Cable Recommendations

RyanNo3

Pedals - Pedals - Pedals
I've got a bunch of soldered pancaked connectors and cable but they're a righteous pain in the wang to make. Anyone have a preference on patch cable kits?

Preferably solderless and budget conscious. (those typically don't go together).

Solder the cables and make them. While alot of work in the beginning, it is worth and will save a lifetime (expression) of grief and pain troubleshooting when a solderless fails.

haha.

Dammit. I was hoping for solderless to be it. Just fighting what I already knew....

4066899-6965032838-giphy.gif

haha.

Dammit. I was hoping for solderless to be it. Just fighting what I already knew....

:grin:

I like the George L cables but honestly they need to be tightened every once in a while and that causes me the occasional headache on gigs.

haha.

I am all about Canare Cable with Switchcraft plugs. Some of my cables were made in 1985 and are still lasting today with no problems

I don't recall ever having any problems with the solderless. I tried a few different brands, mostly just chasing after aesthetics. George Ls were my favorites. I currently use a mix of George Ls, Planet Waves, and probably something else I bought years and years back.

Hmm.

Sometimes, I wonder if there would be a market for a pedalboard that had built in circuit traces that you could attach pedals to with a way to send signal through the feet of the pedal?

I'm not sure i'm describing it well, but I can picture it in my head.

Hmm.

Sometimes, I wonder if there would be a market for a pedalboard that had built in circuit traces that you could attach pedals to with a way to send signal through the feet of the pedal?

It would end up being kinda proprietary. hard to sell.

So - I bought .155 George L cable. This should help seat the wire better than the Chandler cables that I bought. You can purchase in bulk by the foot. Now I have a weekend project.

Hmm.

In theory, it can be done. The issue would get into trace width and connecting the signal to the chain. It'd be more likely that you'd end up shorting out the signal and dumping everything to ground. THEN if you get past that step, you have to worry about how to shield all the copper to prevent it from picking up baseball games being played in the Dominican Republic.

Good idea. Just big hurdles.

I haven't used them but was looking at Guitar Fetish and the price seems decent for a big roll of cable and ends.

Back