Pandora says I suck.

Bad luck. Pandora quit paying their royalties to ASCAP, BMI and the lot and are being sued accordingly, last I heard. Because they weren't covered neither was I, as a venue owner, so I went with Direct TV's music option. It's a harsh or coddled world out there with no between.

I'm not all that well-versed on subscription radio, but Pandora strikes me as a "casual music listener's" kind of service. So, I guess I'm not super surprised that they'd turn down an independently released blues album, even one as good as Mark's.

I have trouble on a couple of local stations that have folk/Americana shows. They didn't play my older folkie stuff or my newer singer/songwriter stuff. Oh well.

I have a TV taping for the Worcester Cable Channel's performance show on September 15, and a live radio appearance in Northampton on the day after Thanksgiving. I'll just focus on the places that do appreciate me. :wink:

I agree with Stratguy (as usual); the fact that you don't fit the mainstream music machine tells me you are doing something right. Screw them and their narrow-minded genre boxes.
Is this taping in Worcester? I work in Woostah.

Would be nice to hoist a jar of water with you.

Bad luck. Pandora quit paying their royalties to ASCAP, BMI and the lot and are being sued accordingly, last I heard. Because they weren't covered neither was I, as a venue owner, so I went with Direct TV's music option. It's a harsh or coddled world out there with no between.
Wow. If that's true then fuck Pandora.

This girl loves your album and wants to help you forget about Pandora.

404008331.jpg

Back