Panama Conqueror 5w and Cab?

Follow up report: Kickass!

I was able to do some testing this weekend while the son was at his mom's place, and I am officially a fan. Between the 1w/10w/20w switch and the cab's built in attenuator dial, it looks like I can get most of the tones I want, regardless of volume. I've only tried a few pedals on it (Big Muff Pi Deluxe, Holy Grail Reverb, Soul Food & Zoom G3X), but it seems to take them well going into the front and in the effects loop.

I may, just for shits and grins, swap an Eminence Swamp Thang into the cab to see how it sounds (the speaker sounds good but still seems a little tightass; I'm sure it'll sound better with time).

The only "problem" is that the wattage selection switch on the "pushed" channel is miswired so that 10w=20 and 20w=10, but that's a very minor annoyance.

Awesome!!! If it weren't for some continuous fucking unexpected financial bullshit :annoyed: over the last month, I would have jumped on the Panama bus as well. Going to have to wait a month or two, but I am looking at trying one of their 2x10 cabs first :cool:

Awesome!!! If it weren't for some continuous fucking unexpected financial bullshit :annoyed: over the last month, I would have jumped on the Panama bus as well.

Unexpected Bullshit Mojo!

In case anyone else is interested Reverb's having a 15% off sale right now with the code XMAS15 that applies to the 2x10 cab (it's preorder only right now, though). Ends at midnight Central time tomorrow.

Back