Dig it! Paisley Fabric Ibanez Project

So, considering that I'm somewhat artistically challenged (I have no idea how I pulled off the B&W Frankenstein), how hard is this to do?

So, considering that I'm somewhat artistically challenged (I have no idea how I pulled off the B&W Frankenstein), how hard is this to do?
So far, not bad at all. We'll see how the finishing goes. There is one video I watched on YouTube where the guy used cloth wall paper and wall paper adhesive to start and it came out killer and seemed like it was easier to work with than fabric. Again, this is also where the slow dry epoxy comes in, lots of time to fix things, but lots of waiting too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

57492bbbc4a75c7edb95f03d215f403f.jpg
601c98ded338ef3f6e403a0ed5a6d3c5.jpg

Gave it a little trimmy trim even though it's still a bit wet. Getting excited!

0f49f1892fa635bf7e0322f682aca49c.jpg

Going to be a slow day for the project, super humid. Going to knock down the raised fibers, mess with the black some more, and start layering up the finish when it dries out some.

Looks great, I would have probably wanted to fill the middle route with some wood putty or bondo and use a sawed off pen housing for a cable tunnel if I didn't want the pickup. But of course that's time intensive, and I'm just dreaming.

Looks great, I would have probably wanted to fill the middle route with some wood putty or bondo and use a sawed off pen housing for a cable tunnel if I didn't want the pickup. But of course that's time intensive, and I'm just dreaming.
I think I will add a middle pickup, I use them when I have them.

I used Mod Podge on the one I did. Mod Podge is the "glue" you put it on with and then you paint the fabric with it to make it more like tolex, less like fabric. Then, poly on top of that. So, it doesn't matter how sloppy you are. NB went over the sides with his, looks like that would take time, effort, patients. I just did the top. Trimmed it with a razor knife, when it dried, the edge was sharp as hell but, I just sanded it.

The exact same thought crossed my mind too. 2 humbuckers and I'd be gassing for this guitar pretty hard.

Back