P*ss'd @ myself

Steverino

black sheep
On the way in just a few minutes ago on the interstate, I witnessed the immediate aftermath of a biker/car accident. I didn't actually see the wreck. I'd been minding my own business when a bike went flying past me in the right lane. Less than a minute later everyone ahead is on the brakes. Now stopped, I see people are running around up there on phones, and I roll up on the scene.

I can see the biker laying in left lane, on his back, knees up. I ask a witness if I could help, I'm probably the 3rd or 4th passer by to ask this. He said 'No, we got it" and I then rolled past the biker himself, helmet still on, face full of blood, conscious, and talking. eyes open. So I went on my way.

For the next 2 miles, I almost stopped and turned back, 2 or 3 times. But I didn't. The further I kept going, the harder it was going to be to get back there, against traffic and making a hazardous situation even worse.

I have a freakin' first aid kit on board. Why didn't I stop? I'm CPR trained too. Maybe I couldn't have helped at all. Maybe I could have. Really disappointed in myself, and trying to figure out why I didn't stop, even though I was told I wasn't needed.

I should've stopped.

:(

I hate it when I second guess myself. I'm sure he received quick medical attention.

And due to the nature of this post, I won't create the obvious parody thread.

Sorry for the dupe post. I thought I'd hit the "create post" button, but nothing happened.

I hit it again :embarrassed:

Back