Oxidized Paint? Don't be skeered

Wow, that looks great. Looks like a completely different vehicle.

Red is not a popular color where I live as the sun fades the pigment something awful, leaving a car that permanently looks like your before photo.

Lot of work but I bet it was easier than buying the wife a new truck. I bet she gets a lot of compliments on it. Went from looking worn to looking brand new.
She took it to the Toyota dealer a few months ago to get a key made for it. They tried to buy it from her. I guess these old Tacomas hold their value.

Wow, that looks great. Looks like a completely different vehicle.

Red is not a popular color where I live as the sun fades the pigment something awful, leaving a car that permanently looks like your before photo.

I believe you're in FL? I'm in south MS, so I know what you mean. The wife wanted a red truck, so she got a red truck :embarrassed:

The old tacomas were cool. The only issue I really recall (my four runner was on the same basic platform) was a head gasket issue they fixed on warranty. Looking great!

The old tacomas were cool. The only issue I really recall (my four runner was on the same basic platform) was a head gasket issue they fixed on warranty. Looking great!
Rust..and not just the bodies. Frames, brake lines and suspensions have been rusting out from under them in the salt belt. Toyota is actually doing a frame swap under warranty for some newer years (like 2000 forward). I drive past a large Toyota service center locally that has a stack of frames in shipping frames waiting to be swapped

Rust..and not just the bodies. Frames, brake lines and suspensions have been rusting out from under them in the salt belt. Toyota is actually doing a frame swap under warranty for some newer years (like 2000 forward). I drive past a large Toyota service center locally that has a stack of frames in shipping frames waiting to be swapped
Huh. I sold my 1990 4Runner (with the old school spare on the swing out arm) about 12 years later. No rust on that one yet by the time I sold. And the metallic blue paint and clear (theme here?) was holding up well too. It seemed to be more or less a closed in Tacoma. I liked that rig, and the 5 speed in it.

Back