Overused buzzwords this year

This one is more sports but I see it going into other places now...

This guy has a "chip on his shoulder"...the phrase SHOULD mean someone who has something to prove BECAUSE of something that happened, and acts/performs like it...it is now said anytime a player/person shows the slightest bit of attitude or pride or desire tow in. Bugs the hell out of me.

This one is more sports but I see it going into other places now...

This guy has a "chip on his shoulder"...the phrase SHOULD mean someone who has something to prove BECAUSE of something that happened, and acts/performs like it...it is now said anytime a player/person shows the slightest bit of attitude or pride or desire tow in. Bugs the hell out of me.

I find it used in cases where the chip is unwarranted or the reason for it is generally unknown. In that context, the chip is there for any and all situations and all people.

I started using "angry little man" instead and little has nothing to do with physical stature.

Whenever I go into a sales meeting at work, I take note of the cheesiest of corporate speak. Last week's gems were: "communication ecosystem", "pillars of success", and "seat at the table". The last one must have been used half a dozen times.

Fucktard dances dangerously on the razor thin line between humor and perceived insensitivity.

As a father of a kid on the autism spectrum, I am constantly reminded of how fragile some people are when it comes to language. Personally, I think fucktard is funny as fuck, but say it within earshot of some people, and they will completely lose their shit on you. Not worth the aggravation.

True story, I was sitting outside a Starbucks with some fellow gear heads, and we were discussing a friends old Chevy and it running rough.

I told him I thought the centrifugal advance was probably not working and because of that, the timing was retarded at higher revs.

No sooner did the word leave my mouth, some nosey, bitter do-gooder nearby launched into a tirade about me be insensitive to children with special needs. She spewed her verbal diarrhea for no less than two solid minutes before I could get a word in edgewise. Meanwhile, the paassers by are looking at me as if I just tossed a bag of puppies off the interstate bridge into the river.

Once I finally explained that it was a legitimate technical term used entirely in context, rather than apologizing, something along the lines of there needing to be a new term used in its place.

For realz yo.

That lady was a major fucktwit.

Instead of "elaborate" or "explain" or "Could you talk more about ... ," say "What does that look like?"

"Accountable" is just another way of saying, "Make you do what your sales department said you were going to do in the first place."

I don't even know what to add here...

Sometimes I feel like a betta looking for a fight with my own image...

I hate insomnia and will take tomorrow off work as I did today because of it.........

Two that I don't like are,'take the bull by the horns'...and,'What's the plan of attack?'

A few sentences from our CEO's update email after laying off vast numbers of employees at Christmas:

We must harness the excellence in our organization by globalizing our processes and embedding it in the way we deliver our work.

We are leaner and empowered to make faster, better decisions, leveraging our core capabilities without the burden of bureaucracy.

Working together we can build a (company name) well-positioned to meet the challenges of the future, providing value-added, customer-focused, integrated solutions.

Support functions previously centralized in the corporate office have been embedded within the businesses, reducing silos and fostering collaboration.
whatever.gif

Wow, that's almost like something from a SNL skit. He must have had his corporate buzzword dictionary with him when he wrote that. :facepalm:

Reactions: Tig
Back