Outdoor kitchen project

That looks like Dr. Who call-box blue :)

That's a fair description actually.

I was wanting a more grey blue but I'm digging it. 2nd coat on. I'll hit it with another tomorrow and tidy up the top.

Clean and oil the deck, stain the left hand fence, move everything over and jobs a good un.

IMG_20210724_165403337_HDR.jpg

Really? On my computer it's a shade darker than sky blue. I was going to say it's a great choice because you get the privacy of the fence but, it's like you have the open sky.
That's what I'm seeing too. Either way, I dig it.

3+ years I've been telling my neighbour the fence is rotted to fuck and is going to fall into their garden at some point, hopefully not when their grandchildren are running around. They weren't interested.

Today, after an hour on the spray gun and half a gallon of paint she decided to come over and suggest we price up a new fence :ack: her nephew can do it apparently. I don't even care at this point and I'll pay for it I'd just rather it was done, they've fought against doing anything with it for years.

Now I'm stuck - do I do another 2-3 coats then touch ups to make it look decent on my side or assume they're actually going to get the ball rolling and we'll have a new fence in short order to paint :confused:

IMG_20210727_163936331_HDR.jpg

Tell them that you'll order up the lumber and have it deliver to the front of THEIR house and the nephew can get to it when he gets to it.

Every day that it sits, a percentage point shifts to them.
Day 1: 50-50
Day 2: 51-49
Day 3: 52-48
etc..

Tell them that you'll order up the lumber and have it deliver to the front of THEIR house and the nephew can get to it when he gets to it.

Every day that it sits, a percentage point shifts to them.
Day 1: 50-50
Day 2: 51-49
Day 3: 52-48
etc..

Lumber is mad expensive just now thanks to covid / Brexit / everyone building garden bars and shit since they can't go on holiday.

They're old and I'm pretty much the only person on the street they aren't outwardly belligerent toward because I do lots of little jobs for them when needed so I'm not that fussed about the dough / timescale I just want it done - it looks a bit janky on my side, on there's it is practically falling over.

I think you have to wait so long before painting new treated wood. So, if they actually do put up a new fence, you would be sitting on the paint for a while.

Reactions: jbj
That thing is one good wind away from the end.

You'd think so but it's been like that for the 7+ years I've been here and it's still not come down.

Hit it with another coat of stain and it's looking pretty good.

So neighbourino says the quote for the fence is too much.

I dunno, it seems to me if her nephew was a fencer it would have made sense to have it done a year or 2 ago before a pandemic / Brexit / trucker and timber shortage about tripled the cost of timber :shrug:

She'll find out the hard way when it comes down one evening when I'm in the tub :embarrassed:

Anyways I'm almost there with the setup.

The pallets at the gas bottles will become a standing bar / storage space / platform for the pizza oven next to the smoker. I might swap the seating and prep table around too but that's pretty much it.

IMG_20210811_153442708.jpg

You have done an awful lot with a small backyard space. Looks great.

Yeah I'm pretty happy with it. That's only half the available space. I'm going to move the seating to the other side so we've got somewhere to chill out.

Better layout for cooking and chilling and tidied up all of the rubbish / crap that had accumulated.

Just need to finalise the design of the standing bar - may or may not recycle the turquoise posts, as mentioned earlier, timber is EXPENSIVE just now.

IMG_20210815_160250334_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210815_160548435_HDR.jpg

Back