Our monthly "Gibson in Imploding" article.

If nothing else I think we'll see the guitar business spun off. It doesn't make sense for a guitar company to act as a holding company for consumer and pro audio.

I love the fact that they closed out Memphis when they sold the factory there, as I managed to pick up a really great looking historic ES330 for a pretty great price. I've not really had any issue with my Gibsons and I really like them. The historic series guitars from Memphis have been down right amazing guitars. It sucks to see the company make so many shit business calls when they can, on a good day, make a great guitar, but seem to spend so much time trying to innovate where it isn't wanted, compete with their own sub brands, and generally fuck up everything they touch.

I love the fact that they closed out Memphis when they sold the factory there, as I managed to pick up a really great looking historic ES330 for a pretty great price. I've not really had any issue with my Gibsons and I really like them. The historic series guitars from Memphis have been down right amazing guitars. It sucks to see the company make so many shit business calls when they can, on a good day, make a great guitar, but seem to spend so much time trying to innovate where it isn't wanted, compete with their own sub brands, and generally fuck up everything they touch.

Yeah....that pretty much sums it up nicely. Incompetent senior management - particularly the very top person. They are ruining an American musical icon.

My biggest hope is that Gibson gets sold to someone who will take it out of the modern corporate "lifestyle" mentality. I love Gibson guitars, I honesty do but I don't need Gibson coasters and shirts and seat covers and scotch glasses.

I've been holding out for the Gibson branded flamethrower, but I think I'm outta luck.

Back