OSX 10.9.5 issues/Yosemite, anyone upgrade yet

My paralegal just ran updates (in 10.9.5) and her Safari is not launching. Weird! I just installed Chrome instead for now.

Also, anyone run Yosemite yet? How did it go?

I updated to Yosemite right off the bat and it has been working great. No problems with Safari or anything else. I am running an '09 iMac.

I updated to Yosemite right off the bat and it has been working great. No problems with Safari or anything else. I am running an '09 iMac.
Ok. Probably there is some sort of glitch on my paralegal's iMac (20087 Black back iMac) with the latest Safari update to mavericks. Hopefully Yosemite will fix it. It is downloading now.

I upgraded a couple of weeks ago. Works fine. I needed to update iPhoto, too, as a result of Yosemite. It was free and without incident.

The IT department at my job recommended we not upgrade yet as there are some issues from their test installs. I can't tell you what they area, and if they would be relevant for a home user, but we are currently waiting for the first update to come along. Usually it is a problem related to our file server access, VPN stuff, or video conferencing, and it isn't really the OS but the application developers not updating their crap fast or good enough.

Last edited:
This, I've been running it since the release. No problems so far. I like it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I c an;t upgrade my 27" iMac since it will wreck Protools....my other two computers are a little older and I'm a little concerned about upgrading without more memory...

I just ordered a re-furbed macbook for my kid for school from my guy at apple (last name of Wozniak, no relation, but good guy) and he suggested waiting for the first update on my older machines anyway. I may try it on my less than a year old Macbook Pro sooner than that based on you guys.

Back