Ossum. Some dumbass just rear ended my car

Car is finally in the shop and I'm driving a rental.

2014 German Camry

AKA Jetta

What a snooze. Having driving Jettas from just about every gen, this is the least interesting and least engaging one I've experienced. They've cheapened every surface in the car that you touch, heck the steering wheel feels like it should be attached to toy car outside a kmart that you put quarters in. It a transportation appliance, and a decent appliance at that....and that's kinda sad. ~32 MPG on my stop and go commute to work. Would rather drive a TDI over the petrol engine.

On the plus side, the trunk in massive (we can fit 12 cases of beer in my friend's 2010 Jetta) and the leather drivers seat is mighty nice.

Actually I got out of the car with an exasperated 'oh great...wtf?" since it was total dejavu. The guy that hit me was trying to say there was no damage and we should just split. I could see the trunk lid gap wasn't even on both sides anymore. I mentioned exchanging insurance info & the guy started getting really hostile so I took a pic of his plate & got right on the phone w/ the local police department that was 50 yards up the street.

I was rear-ended earlier this year while at a stop sign in Mrs. T's Civic. The guy gets out and said there was no damage done but I could see enough to know better. Besides, the impact felt pretty hard. I insisted on exchanging information, but when he started playing the "Aw man be cool" BS, I mentioned that the local PD is always on this road. I submit all the info to my insurance only to find out he gave me policy information on an insurance company that no longer existed. :mad: My insurance found his new insurance info since it is the same company and filed the claim.

The repairs ran over $700, so I'm glad I didn't fall for the "Aw man be cool" ploy. Dick.

I was rear-ended earlier this year while at a stop sign in Mrs. T's Civic. The guy gets out and said there was no damage done but I could see enough to know better. Besides, the impact felt pretty hard. I insisted on exchanging information, but when he started playing the "Aw man be cool" BS, I mentioned that the local PD is always on this road. I submit all the info to my insurance only to find out he gave me policy information on an insurance company that no longer existed. :mad: My insurance found his new insurance info since it is the same company and filed the claim.

The repairs ran over $700, so I'm glad I didn't fall for the "Aw man be cool" ploy. Dick.
My shop and Insurance company are at $800 plus, not including the rental car fee and this guy gave me the same bs at the time of the collision. At least he had the decency of admitting fault to his insurance company

Final total: $1,118 for the body work and a week of car rental fees. State Farm supposedly sent the check last week but it still hasn't shown up in my mailbox so of course, I wound up paying the body shop out of pocket.

Final total: $1,118 for the body work and a week of car rental fees. State Farm supposedly sent the check last week but it still hasn't shown up in my mailbox so of course, I wound up paying the body shop out of pocket.

That sucks.....

Back