Orange Micro Dark clip

I am thinking regular, and I can darken that up.

I have a Tiny and a Micro, but will probably be getting a Micro Dark eventually for the effects loop and extra gain. The thing I've done on both is replace the 12ax7 in v1 with a NOS 5751, which has about 70% of the gain. This makes them quite nice clean.

The micro dark has an effects loop which allows me to put the send into the return effects loop of another amp I have. Bypassing the solid state power amp into a quad of EL34 makes the micro dark just freaking unbelievable. Even at low volume. On its own as in the clip it’s still pretty good. The dark sounds better to me than the tiny. It even gets a good clean sound. I changed the stock tube to one of the NOS 12ax7 that I had laying around. I went with whatever one was quietest and least fizzy. I have some more clips to post. Maybe over this weekend if I get a chance. Orange needs to make a micro Rocker with 3 band eq. The shape knob works pretty well though and I have no complaints. I’ve played a regular all tube tiny terror and I think the micro dark gets it a little better.

Back