Orange Marmalade vs Strawberry jam

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
Lety's say you were forced to make a choice. What camp would you be in? Would you side with the Marmaladists or The Jammers ?

Orange marmalade over strawberry jam, every time.

On toast, on a peanut butter sandwich, whatever.

Strawberry is an inferior ingredient for jam. Give me raspberry, blueberry, jalapeño jelly, whatever.

Apple butter!

Of those two though, the strawberry jam. Orange marmalade has kind of a bitter extra taste to it as I recall...not that I've tried it in the last several decades.

I'm not big on sweet fruity toppings, and very rarely eat any. I can't even remember the last time I did. :embarrassed:

I have cooked some nice dishes with orange marmalade, but strawberry jam on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is my jam.

Orange marmalade over strawberry jam, every time.

On toast, on a peanut butter sandwich, whatever.

Strawberry is an inferior ingredient for jam. Give me raspberry, blueberry, jalapeño jelly, whatever.

Ido agree, OM is definitely superior!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only eat jam with peanut butter and strawberry stands out a lot more. I have to use more marmalade than I want to if I want to taste it.

Between those two, I'd pick strawberry.
My favorite is blackberry jam, but it wasn't a choice.

I recently had a jar of Lingonberry, you don't see that one much but it's awesome stuff. I thought about including Grape jelly, Apple Butter or Boysenberry but I felt I had to draw the line somewhere. With only two options (arguably the two powerhouses of spreads) I felt it would make much more of an impact in the thread title.

Marmalade.

image.jpeg

I love oranges. I could eat them all day and wash them down with a tall glass of Orange juice.

Orange Marmalade is hideously awful stuff.

Orange marmalade is great but can't hold a candle to pineapple jelly or ginger preserve.

Strawberries are best eaten in their natural state.

Back