Opinions on the Visual Sounds H2O chorus/echo

335clone

Living the dream
Wondering if anyone has one and would you recommend?

I have a VS J&H dist/OD and really like it. Looking for some echo/delay/chorus, and thought this one might be good.

I've never tried a VS pedal, but if you get one, I'd love to hear your opinion.

I think it sounds good but nothing stands about about it. If I were looking for cheap delay and modulation today, I would get an Ibanez DE7 and a Nux Mod Core. You should be able to get them both for $100 total.

I've never tried a VS pedal, but if you get one, I'd love to hear your opinion.

Well I really like the Jekyll & Hyde OD/Dist, both sides dial in useful tones that don't sound tinny or brittle, and with both on you get a 3rd, heavier dist. I don't have the experience with tons of dist pedals like you but I think this is 100x better than either my old dod fx-55 supra-distortion or what is on board my amp. I like the fact that I get 2 pedals in one box that work well together, so I was hoping the H2O would fit that bill for wet slappy echo.

I think it sounds good but nothing stands about about it. If I were looking for cheap delay and modulation today, I would get an Ibanez DE7 and a Nux Mod Core. You should be able to get them both for $100 total.

Interesting. I will have to look into those.

I've got one, the newest version (V3, I think). I've had it for a few years now.

Pros:

- Saves board real estate, if that's important to you. It was to me.
- Lots of routing options.
- Buffers for either/neither effect, or both.
- Bulletproof.
- Lots of options for chorus tweaking.
- I LOVE the long/short switch on the delay side. That's the best thing about the pedal, IMO.

Cons:

- Difficult to use angled plugs due to power jack location, depending on your audio routing choices.
- Soft switches. Not a fan. I like to feel the "clunk" on loud stages so I know it's on. YMMV.
- The delay is kinda dark and muddy.
- The chorus is TOO tweakable. Yes, a ton of options, but there are too many. I can't quite get the chorus sound I want from it, despite all of that. I only need 2 knobs for chorus.
- It defaults to delay >> chorus. Who does that?

So.....anyone want to buy mine? :facepalm:

Well I really like the Jekyll & Hyde OD/Dist, both sides dial in useful tones that don't sound tinny or brittle, and with both on you get a 3rd, heavier dist. I don't have the experience with tons of dist pedals like you but I think this is 100x better than either my old dod fx-55 supra-distortion or what is on board my amp. I like the fact that I get 2 pedals in one box that work well together, so I was hoping the H2O would fit that bill for wet slappy echo.

i love my jekyll & hyde pedal as well, i always get tasty sounds out of it. that's my only experience with that pedal builder though.

I'm old fashioned. I always figured that a chorus OR an echo pretty much could fill the same niche.

Back