Opening my lecture this morning with this.

A field trip the Vegas show "Love" should be on order.

When they did this song, I felt what I thought it would be like to have dropped acid.
I have no real point of reference because I've never done it, but the experience in that show was crazy.

Even if you're not a Beatles fan, go for the visuals. It's worth it.

When they did this song, I felt what I thought it would be like to have dropped acid.
I have no real point of reference because I've never done it, but the experience in that show was crazy.

If it is anything like "Across the Universe," no thanks. John Lennon should be resurrected so he could sue the film maker for associating his great song with that abomination.

It is interesting to realize how few students really know the Beatles. :old: :hippie:

If it is anything like "Across the Universe," no thanks. John Lennon should be resurrected so he could sue the film maker for associating his great song with that abomination.

It is interesting to realize how few students really know the Beatles. :old: :hippie:

No, This is Cirque Du Soleil show.
They don't try to be the Beatles. It's a show set to their music.

But the Lucy in The Sky with Diamonds segment is freaky.

Visually, there is SO much going on that it freaks you out, but in a pleasing way.
Aurally, the music just seems to be in your head. I didn't hear it coming from any one direction. It was just there.
It still had depth and spacial separation (if that's the right term), though. The overall sensation was like wearing headphones.

Maybe they put something in the drinks...

Cool, we are going to Vegas in a couple months and I was wondering if I should start campaigning for us to see that show. :)

They're that Monkee's tribute band, right?
They don't know the Monkees, either.

I made the comment that people could study meditation for years and maybe eventually reach Nirvana, or they could drop acid and listen to Nirvana which is quicker. That might have been too historical for some.

No, This is Cirque Du Soleil show.
They don't try to be the Beatles. It's a show set to their music.

But the Lucy in The Sky with Diamonds segment is freaky.

Visually, there is SO much going on that it freaks you out, but in a pleasing way.
Aurally, the music just seems to be in your head. I didn't hear it coming from any one direction. It was just there.
It still had depth and spacial separation (if that's the right term), though. The overall sensation was like wearing headphones.

Maybe they put something in the drinks...
I'm not a Cirque Du Soleil fan, which is odd as I love dance. There is something about their shows that just bore me.

I'm not a Cirque Du Soleil fan, which is odd as I love dance. There is something about their shows that just bore me.

While I've seen a few of their productions, I'd put myself in the same camp as "not a fan". I'd say the very first one I saw was fun because it was all a completely new experience.

Honestly, I don't remember much about the Cirque component of this show. Yet, I found the whole experience very entertaining.
I'd say there was not much Cirque about it.
And I went in expecting not to like it, but I did. A lot.

Cool, we are going to Vegas in a couple months and I was wondering if I should start campaigning for us to see that show. :)

I'd say it's worth it.
I'm not a big fan of shows in Vegas.
Of all that I have seen, I would say that the only ones I've really, really enjoyed were:

Love
Terry Fator (but he needs someone to write more jokes for him. The singing is amazing though.)
Penn and Teller (the only magic show I liked and I saw a few of the supposedly top performers.)

But, I haven't been there in about 4 years now. I'm not sure what's new.

Back