oops (our long national nightmare may be over)

I think people get caught up in what it's supposed to be instead of what it is. It sounds good to me, and that's really all that matters.

No, it has to sound like a beloved old pedal, and its success will be measured solely by how close it gets to that sound. Obviously it can't be exactly right, because that would require an exact duplicate of the board and components of the exact same vintage within a casing of the exact dimensions with exactly the same printing on it. But if you're happy with it, well, I guess you're entitled to your own opinion.

No, it has to sound like a beloved old pedal, and its success will be measured solely by how close it gets to that sound. Obviously it can't be exactly right, because that would require an exact duplicate of the board and components of the exact same vintage within a casing of the exact dimensions with exactly the same printing on it. But if you're happy with it, well, I guess you're entitled to your own opinion.

My DMM never cleaned up, was noisy, giant sized, and had smeary repeats. Obviously a pedal that's cleaner, smaller, and has smeary repeats is unacceptable. :snooty:

What about the TC Electronic Alter Ego X4? (Sorry if you've already mentioned it. My brain is super fuzzy today.)
http://proguitarshop.com/tc-electronic-alter-ego-x4.html
alteregox4-4.jpg

Alter-Ego-Droolworthy-5-crop-.jpg

What about the TC Electronic Alter Ego X4? (Sorry if you've already mentioned it. My brain is super fuzzy today.)
http://proguitarshop.com/tc-electronic-alter-ego-x4.html
alteregox4-4.jpg

Alter-Ego-Droolworthy-5-crop-.jpg

My only issue with the TC is that it's not really tweak able on the fly. So if I decide onstage that I want to crank the modulation, I can't do that. It would have to be connected to an iPad or computer to make those changes. I'm sure it sounds fantastic but, in the spirit of @modernsaint, it's too complicated a setup.

Reactions: Tig
That menu thing is the only thing keeping me from buying a voice live 3. I'm going to order a Ditto X2 and use my separate Harmony G-XT and ToneBone PZ Pre.

Full report (or at least more report, as I'm on my phone.)

The DMB doesn't sound as 3D as the Echorec, which has a reverby feeling and some TZF in there too. That said, the DMB lives up to EHX reputation for killer delays. The gain knob not only prevents against dropout but can be used as a boost. The modulation is spot on for its lineage and then can get as weird as the Jacques Prisoner. While there's no buffered trails, I never really cared about it anyway, and haven't had it in other pedals. But the tap tempo, oh the tap tempo. It works just as planned. And the subdivisions make everything so much easier.

I'm gonna find a way to keep both the Echorec and DMB on the board. It'll take some serious Tetris skills, but it can be done.

^^ that sounds awesome. But he makes everything sound awesome.

yeah, the guy isn't even worth listening to. you'll go bankrupt.

as for the pedal, i'm sure it's cool. and you kinda can't go wrong for $99. I just have no need.

yeah, the guy isn't even worth listening to. you'll go bankrupt.

as for the pedal, i'm sure it's cool. and you kinda can't go wrong for $99. I just have no need.
I missed the $99 part. My bank account hates you for pointing that out.

Reactions: Tig
Back