oops (our long national nightmare may be over)

10 minute review:

I think this thing gets a bad rep on TGP because it's a Memory BOY and not a Memory MAN. The basic difference between them is that the MM uses chips that are as close to the old one as possible, and the MB uses a new chip. People get all bent out of shape about that stuff.

The bad word on the Memory Boy has always been that it has murky repeats. But after hearing it in person and comparing it to my Jacques Prisoner and Catalinbread Echorec, that's how those pedals sound anyway. So whatever. The Prisoner is actually murkier than the EHX. The Echorec has a tone knob, so it can be whatever you want.

The tap divide settings are great. And it does the chase thing that the Way Huge Supa Puss does, with an extra mode. I'll likely never use the EXP functions. The modulation is beautiful and the square wave mode is just wild.

it is a big pedal. I'll have to move some shit around .I may actually get to keep it and the Echorec on the board if I kick the Midi Mouse off.

Now to start putting things into the effects loop, and make wild oscillations. :grin:

Mr_Burns_evil.gif

10 minute review:

I think this thing gets a bad rep on TGP because it's a Memory BOY and not a Memory MAN. The basic difference between them is that the MM uses chips that are as close to the old one as possible, and the MB uses a new chip. People get all bent out of shape about that stuff.

The bad word on the Memory Boy has always been that it has murky repeats. But after hearing it in person and comparing it to my Jacques Prisoner and Catalinbread Echorec, that's how those pedals sound anyway. So whatever. The Prisoner is actually murkier than the EHX. The Echorec has a tone knob, so it can be whatever you want.

The tap divide settings are great. And it does the chase thing that the Way Huge Supa Puss does, with an extra mode. I'll likely never use the EXP functions. The modulation is beautiful and the square wave mode is just wild.

it is a big pedal. I'll have to move some shit around .I may actually get to keep it and the Echorec on the board if I kick the Midi Mouse off.

Now to start putting things into the effects loop, and make wild oscillations. :grin:
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I think I just had an aneurism.

How do you think finding the holy trail of delay pedals is going to affect your future GAS issues?

How do you think finding the holy trail of delay pedals is going to affect your future GAS issues?

My GAS levels are significantly less than before. I actually had no intention of buying it. I was all set to walk out of the store and the wife said "so are you gonna buy it?" I took the opportunity for them to price match the Prymaxe 20% off sale, and that was that. Kinda shocked by the whole thing.

That is a lot of buttons and knobs....

It's very intuitive. There's nothing here that doesn't make sense. I'm sure, being the intelligent person you are, that you'd do just fine with it.

It's very intuitive. There's nothing here that doesn't make sense. I'm sure, being the intelligent person you are, that you'd do just fine with it.

I could figure it out but I prefer simplicity as I like to adjust on the fly. Same goes for amps, the simpler, the better for me.

Murky repeats are the distinguishing tone feature of analog delays, the way they break down into a lovely sludge. Otherwise, just get a digital delay. But yeah, it's gotta be the right kind of murky.

I could figure it out but I prefer simplicity as I like to adjust on the fly. Same goes for amps, the simpler, the better for me.

There's nothing that can't be adjusted on the fly though. You're looking at mix, volume, a mod section, repeats, and delay time. Tap tempo and divisions actually make it easier to use. Other than that, it's set and forget.

Murky repeats are the distinguishing tone feature of analog delays, the way they break down into a lovely sludge. Otherwise, just get a digital delay. But yeah, it's gotta be the right kind of murky.

I think people get caught up in what it's supposed to be instead of what it is. It sounds good to me, and that's really all that matters.

to be honest, thats how I prefer my repeats on stage. I guess I'm not TGP material.

Back