Oops I Did It Again

Rick 381

Boob Enthusiast
Hit deer #5 about an hour ago. Took out the same headlight and turn signal I took out last time. At least it didn't get the hood this time. off to the automotive parts dismantling and recycling center Monday.
upload_2017-10-7_19-27-1.png

:(

I've hit 3 deer in my life of driving. Something like 3 raccoons, a possum, a squirrel, at least one mouse (saw one cross in front of me just the other week, looked in my rearview mirror and I had squashed it). and probably 4 or 5 birds. One white barn owl, too.

So far, no cats or dogs *knock on wood*

I’ve never hit a deer but I have hit a few possum, squirrels and 1 cat.
It’s a horrible feeling...ugh.

I hit one about a week ago in the BMW. We both fared pretty well. She ran off looking fine, and I can replace the parts for ~$100. The little dent in the hood will be a bit of a problem but oh well.

unnamed.jpg

I've hit three in my life. Two that damaged enough to get repairs and one that didn't.

After getting the first one fixed. My wife drove her car into my newly fixed car within two our of picking it back up from the auto body. I'll never forget making that call to the body shop asking them to not throw away the car paint.

Then - my wife took a pregnancy test and yup.... that's what she blamed it on. a few months later baby number 3.

Hit a deer only once. Almost hit a horse early one morning, missed her by inches in my F-Bodied Camaro. That would've been bad.

Almost got another one. Coming from the South Shore of Devil's Lake. She wandered out of the woods and stopped in the middle of the road just to look around. Slammed on the brakes and she took off running. My wife goes, "You scared her." I said, "Good if she's scared enough maybe she'll stay out of the street." Only about a month until deer season. Maybe that will thin their numbers.

Never hit anything other than birds, did have a hawk fly in through a rolled down side window though. That was fun.

Back