One Week From Tonight...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Coda, May 22, 2012.

May 22, 2012
  1. Coda MWGLF's **** Connoisseur

...I give my last lesson to my last remaining student. Over the last 4 years, I have had a total of 12 students, with only 4 at one time. Tonight, I was told that I would be paid next week my normal pay, and be given one lessons worth severance...

...looks like I'll be off job hunting in the near future...
  2. May 22, 2012
  3. Phil513 n00b

Bummer dude. Sorry to hear it.
  4. May 22, 2012
  5. Coda MWGLF's **** Connoisseur

...yea...at least the job market is good...........:weebz:...
  6. May 22, 2012
  7. Start teaching from your home?

You could write off part of your residential expenses that way too.
  8. May 22, 2012
  9. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

post some flyers at guitar stores, put some ads up on Craigslist, and teach.
  10. May 22, 2012
  11. Coda MWGLF's **** Connoisseur

...I already taught "on delivery"...for the lowest price around, $15 per half hour. I really dont want to teach guitar anymore. Because Im rubbish at it. No one ever taught me guitar, I learned myself, so I have no idea how to teach someone. I started at a different place with each one of my students, and really only had one that was any good, and that was natural. It only have me $15 a week. My various yardwork jobs around the neighborhood will help for now, but I do need something a bit more...steady...especially something to keep me busy until school starts in the fall...

...effin summer break...
  12. May 22, 2012
  13. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

have you considered an internship?
  14. May 22, 2012
  15. Coda MWGLF's **** Connoisseur

...Ive thought about it. I also thought about going to see my adviser at school (who also happens to be the Dean of Humanities), and ask if there was any position there available...
  16. May 22, 2012
  17. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

go work at Home Depot or something. just get a job.
  18. May 22, 2012
  19. That's what I'd do.

Believe me, enjoy your summer because you'll have plenty more summers when you are older that you will look back and say "why the F didn't I enjoy my summers when I actually had the opportunity?"
  20. May 22, 2012
  21. Coda MWGLF's **** Connoisseur

...I put apps in at Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Hobby Lobby and Staples two weeks ago, believe me, I am looking...

...I have never enjoyed summer. I hate summer weather. I like it cool and crisp. I always spent summer hibernating during the day. I just would rather go to school all year round. I want to. I just have to spend summer in self study...
  22. May 22, 2012
  23. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

careful, you'll go blind.
  24. May 22, 2012
  25. Coda MWGLF's **** Connoisseur

...clever. I actually have reading to do for a class this fall. Its an independent study, Civil War and Reconstruction. The professor told me to read as much as I could by an author named Bruce Catton. Ive read one of the books (which was really three of his books assembled in a single anthology), and am now reading "The Great Republic", by Winston Churchill. A very good read too...in addition to that, I am studying the writings and letters of Thomas Jefferson...so yea, self study...
  26. May 22, 2012
  27. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

you should go to the local park and read Churchill aloud to everyone who comes near. wild gesticulation is preferred, but not required.
  28. May 22, 2012
  29. Coda MWGLF's **** Connoisseur

...that would interfere with my going door to door, dressed as James Madison, lecturing on the War of 1812 while playing my uke...perhaps I could combine the two into a puppet show of some sort...
  30. May 22, 2012
  31. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

too long. one or the other. keep it simple.
  32. May 23, 2012
  33. Elias Graves Captain Pancake

See, now people would pay to see that shit.

Good luck. We're all counting on you.
  34. May 23, 2012
  35. Chad Obviously not a golfer

:lol:
  36. May 23, 2012
  37. FenderPusher Beardcore Apologist

MTR
  38. May 23, 2012
  39. cuffdc chicken n waffles

I think for making money, the honorable Lou Reed has some advice:

Little Joe never once gave it away
    Everybody had to pay and pay