One thing I love about living.in a small town

shoeless

Riffin'
Minor league baseball! The Frederick Keys are an Orioles farm team. $5 gets seats like this.

1438382170594_zpsbbzldm1y.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk now Free

we've got the Mud Hens.....AAA team for Da Tigers :thu:
the stadium is fantastic. geez....i gotta get some tickets and go

We have the Class A team for the Pittsbugh Pirates.

I've been to a handful of games, and enjoyed myself, and I'm not a fan of baseball. :embarrassed:

Once upon a time Richmond Virginia had the Richmond Braves. They've got some Squirrel team now. Anyway, back in the day all the Braves greats came through Richmond and you got to see them cheap before they got called up. It was so great I'd buy tickets in groups of 20 spread out through the season. There was nothing better.

Once upon a time Richmond Virginia had the Richmond Braves. They've got some Squirrel team now. Anyway, back in the day all the Braves greats came through Richmond and you got to see them cheap before they got called up. It was so great I'd buy tickets in groups of 20 spread out through the season. There was nothing better.

yep....i've got to see a few "big leaguers" when they were down in the minors on rehab or what ever. i got to see Nomar play 3rd base 30 feet in front of me when he was down with pawtucket playing against the Hens......he didn't do ANYTHING interesting. :(

Down here spring training games are popular and dirt cheap. I often get free tickets from work. We have the Cardinals in town, plus the Marlins farm team. The actual Marlins do some training up here as well. There is a ton of baseball to watch here, including lots of visiting pro team games.

I work a five minute walk from the stadium. We have quite a few work free baseball outings in the winter.

Last edited:
yep....i've got to see a few "big leaguers" when they were down in the minors on rehab or what ever. i got to see Nomar play 3rd base 30 feet in front of me when he was down with pawtucket playing against the Hens......he didn't do ANYTHING interesting. :(
A few years ago my buddy bought a block of tickets for the Hagerstown Suns. They're the farm team for the Nationals and it's about 30 minutes away. Bryce Harper was their up and coming star. We went to a few games and it was the same thing. He'd play half a game and do nothing exciting in the games I went to. Obviously he's doing ok now. Guess I was just there on off nights.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk now Free

Last edited:
I haven't made it to a Mallard's game yet. Before the Mallards Madison had the Muskies, which was a farm team for Oakland. Then they were the Mad Hatters, a farm team for the Cardinals. Went to see both teams but just can't seem to make it to a Mallards game.

Trenton Thunder play right across the river. $12 seats, right up front on the 3rd base line.

The stands only being partially filled is how our South Bend Silverhawks were for years.... then this guy from Chicago named Andrew Berlin bought the team and started spending millions renovating the park. After all of the state-of-the-art renovations, it got the attention of the Chicago Cubs. Suddenly the Silverhawks name was gone (dropped the Diamondbacks affiliation) and the park joined up with the Cubs and are now the South Bend Cubs.

The stadium has been averaging 4,000 to 5,000 fans a night with several nights over 8,000. Just got our newsletter from the team and with 20 games to go in the season, over a Quarter Million fans have passed through the gates this year!

They're a client of mine and the coach said that many of players were on the (Iowa I think) Cubs farm team playing in front of a few hundred fans each night, and when they got to South Bend, it kinda freaked them out the first few games.

Game10Story_zymxtetj_twkbdwg9.jpg

south+bend+cubs+attendance+night.jpg

As stated in the OP, Minor League Baseball is a blast. You get great seats for not a lot of money and really get to enjoy what the game is about.

Back