One thing about livin' in the country

First reason is Callie does not get along with cats and the other reason is the pigeons roost out of any areas accesaible to cats. I finally closed off the overlapping section of the roof where they kept staying , they were trying to build another nest and I kept tearing it down, had to destroy their egg too. They wouldn't let up and if fact they took to dive bombing me and throwing sticks at me everytime I stepped out the door (their nest area was right above the door. So now they have moved back to the carport right on top of my nailbaords I made....the s.o.b's sit there like I made them a set of Lazy Boy recliners :mad: I was able to just clip one with the broom this morning and then an hour later they were back :fml: my new plan is to go to the desert and harvest enough cholla cacti to line the nailboards I made....no way in hell they will roost then if you know what cholla cacti is like !

That sucks and all, but this is all I can think of...

cs_288.jpg

Reactions: Tig
I almost hit horse a few years ago. It wasn't daylight yet, it was raining and the horse had escaped. He was on the shoulder, and I damn near killed the both of us.

Over the years I've killed 3 rattlesnakes. Not that I normally would if I were out in the woods or off my property. My dogs get dangerously curious and I'm afraid Cody will get his nose bitten. Probably only a matter of time.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

*spits*

I'm not gonna go perch myself on the ledge during the night and poop Theodore
bogdog.jpg

I would like nothing better than too take my machete or shotgun to those bastards...I'm ready to get violent on them :mad:

You've changed, bro.

I just went outside and they were there again, not even dark yet. In the past they only went there during dark. I think they are taunting me...fucking with me. The poop on my Jeep :mad: I might have to park my jeep out of the carport, barracade my dining room window from ricochet and break out my benjamin bb gun...this SHITE has got to stop!

I just went outside and they were there again, not even dark yet. In the past they only went there during dark. I think they are taunting me...fucking with me. The poop on my Jeep :mad: I might have to park my jeep out of the carport, barracade my dining room window from ricochet and break out my benjamin bb gun...this SHITE has got to stop!

Build a better pooping place.

Up here in the wilds of N.VT of seen some large cats of unknown type, a few bear, moose, coyote, red fox, rabbit, owl, turkey and of course deer (which I hunt).

Never a wild hog though. Raised a coupla pigs once... once.

Illinois poopstripes.

I talked to my neighbor at lunch as he was outside painting his wall. he said he has pigeons too on the other side of the house , he's got the same roof structure. He recommended one of those fake owls. I told him my plan of cholla cacti on the ledge, I also showed him my brrom 'i use this to shoo them away". I actually hit one this morning and then I felt bad...:mad:

I talked to my neighbor at lunch as he was outside painting his wall. he said he has pigeons too on the other side of the house , he's got the same roof structure. He recommended one of those fake owls. I told him my plan of cholla cacti on the ledge, I also showed him my brrom 'i use this to shoo them away". I actually hit one this morning and then I felt bad...:mad:

Nice job, Michael Vick. :mad:

Nice job, Michael Vick. :mad:

I decided then and there that I would deter them rather than wound them. I figure If I'm gonna go violent then I need to finish them right there and then....quick and over with. I don't want them hobbling around and then die a slow death from a cat attack. Even though they poop everywhere and potentially i could get some kinda bird flu from them I still have a heart :fml:

I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard that if a hog gets out and goes wild, it starts to grow tusks, like a wild boar, and they're bred to be bigger than boars, which leads to very large, very angry, very smart and very dangerous animals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogzilla

View attachment 25684

They begin to grow tusks immediately upon going feral. Dangerous animals. I fear them more than the mountain lions or bears.

I decided then and there that I would deter them rather than wound them. I figure If I'm gonna go violent then I need to finish them right there and then....quick and over with. I don't want them hobbling around and then die a slow death from a cat attack. Even though they poop everywhere and potentially i could get some kinda bird flu from them I still have a heart :fml:

Can't you just make something that conforms to the shape between the underside of the roof and the eaves so there's nothing horizontal left? Or are there rafters or sumthin'.

Can't you just make something that conforms to the shape between the underside of the roof and the eaves so there's nothing horizontal left? Or are there rafters or sumthin'.

Yeah I was thinking that too. I was gonna use prickly pear aka paddle cacti and set it in my nail boards but then the cholla cacti popped in my head and I thought that will definitely work and its free and easy but it will be messy and when dried out might have to get fresh refill. Now I'm thinking maybe some 1 x 4's or something and angle them, i'll have to see what's available and how much at Home depot. The ledge is 2.5 inches wide and no rafters so it's just about 30 feet I need.

Yeah I was thinking that too. I was gonna use prickly pear aka paddle cacti and set it in my nail boards but then the cholla cacti popped in my head and I thought that will definitely work and its free and easy but it will be messy and when dried out might have to get fresh refill. Now I'm thinking maybe some 1 x 4's or something and angle them, i'll have to see what's available and how much at Home depot. The ledge is 2.5 inches wide and no rafters so it's just about 30 feet I need.

Far out. I tried to protect some plants on the cheap with a ton of honey locust branches

Honey+Locust+Tree+2.jpg

and they still got eaten. Then I put pallets all around some okra plants and something chewed through them and ate almost everything. :mad: I think it might have been a snapping turtle.

It sounds more like a Redneck problem if the okra was eaten. Dig a pit with a 12 pack of Bud and a Dale Earnhardt shirt at the bottom. You'll catch the bastard.

Back