One of Mrs. P's coworkers is selling this.

Prages

User Error
'69 Bronco. 351, 3 on the floor. No rust. Licensed, titled, and inspected in WV. He has all the parts to install power steering.

3975.jpeg

But, he has started the price negotiating at $13k.

Plus, he ended his text with "have to start the price somewhere", which makes me think he'd probably negotiate down to $10k or so.

That's still a hell of a lot of money for a 47 year old truck, though.

Very cool, but I agree, that's too much for that truck.

I don't care how good a shape it is in, there are going to be things that need to be replaced on it.

And while I know you can get almost everything aftermarket, you will at some point, find some part you can't get and have to rig something up to keep it on the road.

Considering what those are selling for in restored shape that might not be totally out of line price wise. If you could get the price dropped a bit that might be a very worthwhile Jeep to snag.

I replied to his text that as interested as I might be, it's just too rich for my blood.

Maybe it won't sell quickly and he'll come way down on the price, but I won't hold my breath.

But....you know how bad you want that.

I fucking want that! :wink:

Some grippy knobby AT tires on that bitch, a fresh paint job, a light bar and a grill guard, and bring on the New England winter!

But at some point in the decision process, common sense has to take over. At least common sense as it pertains to cost, value, ease of maintenance, etc.......

And that shit would be rusted out after 1 winter up here. :wink:

But it would be a lot of fun while it lasted.

As far as cost and ease of maintenance, I'd MUCH rather have my old Blazer. I can do all the work myself, I don't need a computer to figure out what's wrong, and everything is wayyyy cheaper.

Guys in the club with the new Jeep JK's spend tens of thousands on their rigs. And when something goes wrong, it has to go to a shop.

No joke. Water pump for my truck, $17.99. Water pump for a 2012 Jeep JK, $576.99. And you'd most likely have to pay someone else to do it.

In the long run, that Bronco would be a bargain.

As far as cost and ease of maintenance, I'd MUCH rather have my old Blazer. I can do all the work myself, I don't need a computer to figure out what's wrong, and everything is wayyyy cheaper.

Guys in the club with the new Jeep JK's spend tens of thousands on their rigs. And when something goes wrong, it has to go to a shop.

No joke. Water pump for my truck, $17.99. Water pump for a 2012 Jeep JK, $576.99. And you'd most likely have to pay someone else to do it.

In the long run, that Bronco would be a bargain.
Oil pump for my 1965 Chevy - $37 and we put it in. For my 2002 Suburban - $800 after the local shop had to drop the fuel tank to replace the "module"

I was looking at some restored Broncos around the same year - selling for well over $40K. They are nice - but not THAT nice.

With the early Broncos, you can get everything aftermarket.

I mean, if you had the gumption and the money, you could build one from the ground up with nothing but aftermarket parts.

That said, as much as I'd love to have it, I just don't know that I could part with that kind of money for it.

Back