One day in Philly...what to do?

Thanks for the links. I do like beer, any microbreweries worth hitting? Monk's looks pretty cool though. Seems like a lot of stuff keeps popping up on South St.

Eh, I'd pass on South St if you're only in town one day. Nodding head, Second Story, Yards, dock street, and to a lesser degree, Philadelphia Brewing Co. are in the city. For a one day shot, I'd still prb hit one of the better beer bars.

Thanks for the invite. If I was on my own, I'd have maybe taken you up on it. We had a good day. Started at Redding Terminal and grabbed some lunch. The roast pork at Dinic's was impressive.

From there we walked to the Museum of Art and did the touristy Rocky Steps thing. Nice view of the city from there. Then on to the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. They were having a block party there for the 4th with bands on two stages and street activities. We hung out there for a few hours, it was pretty cool. Took a walk down to South Street, but I should have listened to Lerxst and passed on that. It would have been more my style 20-30 years ago. Took a short walk thorugh Chinatown and called it a day.

Getting ready to make the 2 hour drive back home to go to my buddy's July 4th shindig.

Did you happen to get one of those PA Dutch apple dumplings @ the RTM? They're really tasty w/ the fresh cream

Thanks for the invite. If I was on my own, I'd have maybe taken you up on it. We had a good day. Started at Redding Terminal and grabbed some lunch. The roast pork at Dinic's was impressive.

From there we walked to the Museum of Art and did the touristy Rocky Steps thing. Nice view of the city from there. Then on to the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. They were having a block party there for the 4th with bands on two stages and street activities. We hung out there for a few hours, it was pretty cool. Took a walk down to South Street, but I should have listened to Lerxst and passed on that. It would have been more my style 20-30 years ago. Took a short walk thorugh Chinatown and called it a day.

Getting ready to make the 2 hour drive back home to go to my buddy's July 4th shindig.

Nice dinic's has the best cheesesteaks... Anywhere

Back