Dig it! On the truck for delivery.

Delivered!!!!!!!!

And I won't get home for 7 more hours. Hopefully Carol brought it off the porch. :embarrassed:
yes that would be nice. Then the guitar and box can warm up and acclimate slowly before you open it to the world after work. I bet it is chilly on your porch this time of year. Looking forward to seeing it! I have seen a few old Gibson J series and I seem to always like them.

Should have a grand opening when I get home this evening. Totally_jammin_out
Your smiley looks like you are over-hitting the strings with the right hand, and over squeezing the fretting hand. Relax a little bit. Press the strings only as much as you need to to fret the notes. And relax that strumming hand and don't hit the strings so hard. You will get a lot more pleasing and beautiful sound out of the guitar that way.

"says me to me all the time."

Your smiley looks like you are over-hitting the strings with the right hand, and over squeezing the fretting hand. Relax a little bit. Press the strings only as much as you need to to fret the notes. And relax that strumming hand and don't hit the strings so hard. You will get a lot more pleasing and beautiful sound out of the guitar that way.

I am amazed (and appalled) by the guitarists, especially acoustic guitarists, who think that banging on the strings with all your might is "being expressive." :facepalm:

I am amazed (and appalled) by the guitarists, especially acoustic guitarists, who think that banging on the strings with all your might is "being expressive." :facepalm:
Well, sometimes it is ok, in my book. Time, manner, place and all that. :wink: But a lot less than people tend to do it (myself included) would be good. For me, it is learning to use better technique and less thrashing around.

Left hand strumming. cop0

Well, sometimes it is ok, in my book. Time, manner, place and all that. :wink: But a lot less than people tend to do it (myself included) would be good. For me, it is learning to use better technique and less thrashing around.
One of the things I really, really admire about Neil Young is his ability to play so beautifully on his acoustic(s) with all his rhythmic hammer ons and pull offs, (but no hammering and thrashing), and then bring out Ol' Black and thrash away (though his technique I am sure is still a lot better than mine, and I would presume a lot of people) making a wonderful cacophony of Crazy Horse distorted sound.

EDIT: But back to Gary's new guitar. What woods? Traditional look or a burst? Did you go try one of the new ones somewhere? I may have missed some of your shopping.

Back