On the road!

It's got a big ugly ass... Like the monkey with two asses on south park. The three look like they tacked a hatch back rear on to a saloon car in shop class

Gotcha, I think it's not the most appealing rear-end in the world, but that would bother me in the least. Thankfully the BMW GT has been discontinued.

Have you seen the new 928 based on the Panamera? It's unreal cool. My Dad had an 1985 928. It was the first Porsche I ever drove, and it started a very expensive addiction of mine.

Gotcha, I think it's not the most appealing rear-end in the world, but that would bother me in the least. Thankfully the BMW GT has been discontinued.

Have you seen the new 928 based on the Panamera? It's unreal cool. My Dad had an 1985 928. It was the first Porsche I ever drove, and it started a very expensive addiction of mine.

There's a burnt orange 928 and a white 944 for sale down the road from me. I want them both.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

yeah just the concept drawings though. It's an improvement.

Top Gear's take on the Panamera?
The Panamera is highly effective in mixing a sportscar with a luxury saloon. But goodness it's ugly. Really. It's hideous.

:grin:

I'd love to be in the position to pick up a Porsche but lawd knows, I'm too damn frugal. I've loved the 944 and 911 since I was knee high to a grasshopper.

The Panamera is highly effective in mixing a sportscar with a luxury saloon. But goodness it's ugly. Really. It's hideous.

I'd love to be in the position to pick up a Porsche but lawd knows, I'm too damn frugal. I've loved the 944 and 911 since I was knee high to a grasshopper.

My Dad had several Porsche's since the late 50's and wow, you sure do have to feed them repairs, and quite often. eat0

I think audi pulls it off the best of the three.... But I'm still not a fan

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366301649049.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366301649049.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 95
yeah just the concept drawings though. It's an improvement.

I sold both of my 911's for more than I paid. I spent next to nothing on maintenance.

Last edited:
Wow, you might be the first person in history to say this. Really! lol-049

I don't know man. I had a '74 911T and a '94 Carrera 4 and never did anything but scheduled maintenance and wear and tear parts. Brakes etc. I was a member of the local Porsche club and most if their experience seemed to be the same, sure the service can get pricey but you know that going in. U never had any parts failures or anything unexpected happen. :shrug:

My dad had a 79 911 and it ran like a champ. He sold it for a profit too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I don't know man. I had a '74 911T and a '94 Carrera 4 and never did anything but scheduled maintenance and wear and tear parts. Brakes etc. I was a member of the local Porsche club and most if their experience seemed to be the same, sure the service can get pricey but you know that going in. U never had any parts failures or anything unexpected happen. :shrug:

This is my experience too. I'm on my third 911 ('87 Carrera, '97 Carrera 4S and currently a '04 GT3) and really never had to do anything but routine maintenance. Except I did have to replace the lsd on the GT3. Porsche should have recalled those, as they turned out to be crap on the 996 GT3. Replaced if with a motorsport lsd and now no worries. But other than that, no issues with any of them. I even put over 130k miles on the '87.

Color me amazed. Most Porsche and VW owners I've known complained about the nightmare maintenance. Maybe I'm from a parallel universe.

Not crazy but it's not every day that you see a screaming orange new m3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366803637951.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366803637951.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 84
I saw a 1968 Dodge Coronet R/T convertible yesterday.
I couldn't snap pics as I was on the highway and it was parked on the service road.

Gorgeous light blue with white tail stripes.

It's a pretty rare car. My friend is rebuilding one and it's a bear to find the convertible specific parts because they were a one-year only car.

I also saw a 64 Valiant Barracuda for sale on the side of the road. I stopped and snapped some pics of that. I'll get em as soon as my phone charges up.

Must be black convertible day... Missed a snap of a viper

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367152945050.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367152945050.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 80
Lotta newer jags around lately, especially verts. They don't really do much for me

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367426421009.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367426421009.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Back