On the road!

I'm too lazy to dig through my dash cam videos in order to pull single frames, but you guys would shit twinkies over the daily parade of crazy awesome cars I see on the road.

I've now seen the same Tesla Model 3 several days in a row going back to last Friday morning, which was less than 12 hours after Elon Musk officially unveiled it to a select group of press people. I thought I was hallucinating the first time because of the timing, but it's real. It's very real and whomever is driving it lives nearby. Obviously a test/evaluation car. Such cars are not rare in San Diego for several reasons including the weather and the many design houses that are here at least in part.

When Chrysler group had their design Center over in Carlsbad (about 15 miles from me), I would see crazy shit all the time, including early prototypes of the Viper, Prowler, PT Cruiser etc.

Nissan still has a large design Center in La Jolla, and as you can imagine, anything new, weird or at all exciting from them is likely to drive past you at any random time. I saw the Titan Pick Up well before they even officially acknowledged its pending reality.

I keep seeing the same Orange Huracan and Blue Aventador in the same general area. Pretty sure the Huracan belongs to Tim Brecht who is one of the brothers that took over the local BMW dealer from their dad Bill when he retired to play with his race cars that include a pair of M1s.

Daktari in Ketchum, ID.

aa0e6dea0c7d72e5236b042790627b71.jpg

Reactions: OGG
Better picture and in red, like the one I saw the other day. Read an article on one where they did a comparison of this, a high end Porsche and a Bently Continental to show exactly what the difference is between sport cars on different ends of the spectrum and this came over very well for driving enthusiasts, the Porsche being best of both worlds and the Bently not able to be pushed for anything. Impressive numbers obviously, but refined luxury at all times. All depends what your looking for. The Alfa was a coiled spring at all times. Excitement, excitement...etc...

url

Reactions: OGG
Better picture and in red, like the one I saw the other day. Read an article on one where they did a comparison of this, a high end Porsche and a Bently Continental to show exactly what the difference is between sport cars on different ends of the spectrum and this came over very well for driving enthusiasts, the Porsche being best of both worlds and the Bently not able to be pushed for anything. Impressive numbers obviously, but refined luxury at all times. All depends what your looking for. The Alfa was a coiled spring at all times. Excitement, excitement...etc...

url
Yup. The Alfa is a white knuckle car. It demands your full attention at all times. It is a pure, undiluted sports car. It's not cheap, it's not practical, it's almost certainly not entirely reliable and it's not a grocery getter. It is an unhinged maniac with a loose screw and a morbid sense of humor that will show you the time of your life while it corrupts your very soul. It is the Rob Lowe "Bad Influence" to your inner James Spader. You'll learn to hate how much you love it. It will tempt you, it will taunt you, it may try to kill you repeatedly, and you will thirst for its company when it's not around.

Yup. The Alfa is a white knuckle car. It demands your full attention at all times. It is a pure, undiluted sports car. It's not cheap, it's not practical, it's almost certainly not entirely reliable and it's not a grocery getter. It is an unhinged maniac with a loose screw and a morbid sense of humor that will show you the time of your life while it corrupts your very soul. It is the Rob Lowe "Bad Influence" to your inner James Spader. You'll learn to hate how much you love it. It will tempt you, it will taunt you, it may try to kill you repeatedly, and you will thirst for its company when it's not around.
Sounds like my wife.

Back