On the other hand there is this lady...

Wow, that is amazing. I thought my aunt's run of 53 years was pretty decent. She had one job in her life. When she retired she had been the longest running employee at the place by about 20 years. I can't imagine 75 years. :messedup:

The longest I have ever worked at the same place is 9.5 years at my current gig, but I suspect I will probably not make it past 10 there.

Awesome woman! She speaks and acts like someone a few decades younger.
I always thought it was cool that my great grandfather worked as a shoe cobbler until he was 79, but that is peanuts compared to this lady.

my Mom has been waitressing at her restaurant for 22 years...some people like to stick with what they know

Crazy shit.. I can't for the life of me understand how people prefer work over down time...

My Mom retired a few weeks ago and started up a new business at the age of 71...

I'm slowly learning her. But it's a struggle....She put another business in my sisters name so Sis can dance around with it...

I'm not sure my Mom will ever retire.....Her Mom was like that too,Restaurants..

Whenever I try and talk to her, all she always gets back to is what do I want for Christmas...

Then she hugs me....

Hmm....My left ear has a high pitched ring in it...........Constantly........

That's a wonderful story but I can't help wondering what her current job description is. If she's still polishing silver I'm thinking Brombergs may not be as progressive as they would have us believe.

I have an aunt who's been working at the same desk for 60+ years. Certainly doesn't need to, but she's a spinster, gets bored after a couple of weeks of relaxing or traveling.

That's a wonderful story but I can't help wondering what her current job description is. If she's still polishing silver I'm thinking Brombergs may not be as progressive as they would have us believe.

Reading is, as Jammity tells us, fundamental.

That is pretty cool. I think the longest I have been with the same employer is 5 years.

Back