Dig it! On FedEx vehicle for delivery - NAD!

I know you wanted that. Congratulations; I love it.

:wink: Yeah, you knew it the minute I posted that "Talk Me Out of It" thread.

I really did try to find something else at home that would pair up with the new Strat as well as the Deluxe Reverb did. I liked the Strat through my amps (gave away the Vox Mini 3 to my granddaughter, along with the pink Squire Mini Strat I bought her for her birthday), but the magic that I heard from the Deluxe Reverb was just missing. I tried all my guitars through it, and it doesn't love them all, but it sure loves my Strats (the MIM Standard pups are the weakest), and it loves my Epi LP with the Classic 57's. This amp does a great job of bringing out that little special chime without being overly trebly.

Very nice. I'd love to have one. :cool:

The '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb has captured my eye/ear as well, maybe a little more.

Hopefully your 'package' is equally excited

700.jpg

Last time I got a package shaped like that, it had a coffee cup in it.
51Uvz4NE2uL._SY355_.jpg

Ok, after playing with it a bit, I can give some honest feedback from admittedly limited experience, but experience nonetheless.

First of all, there are 2 inputs on each channel (normal & vibrato) #1 on each channel would be the regular input, while input #2 is for "hotter instruments" and has a 6 db roll off. Using input #2 is where I plug in my humbucker guitars, with the exception of the Gretsch 5120, the Epi LP, and the Thinline Tele Deluxe with the Wide Range humbuckers. These seem to like the hotter #1 inputs.

Secondly, when it comes to the single coils, I will say that the '65 Deluxe Reverb totally loves the Vintage Noiseless pickups on the new MIM Deluxe Player's Strat, and the pairing is very bit what I had heard in the store. It also does well with the Lace Sensor Gold pups, but make sure to go easy on the reverb, because of the longer sustain of the Lace Sensors. What it doesn't seem to like is the MIM Standard single coils, which sound a little flat through this amp.

All in all, this amp is still breaking in, so I expect more awesomeness as it does so. In the meantime, I can say that it has enough low end to bring out the growl in a humbucker, while still adding a little sparkle and shine. But if you're looking for the single coil chime, and the Fender sound, then this amp can get you there. Of course, if you're looking for single coil magic, you might want to pair it with Vintage Noiseless pups.

Last time I got a package shaped like that, it had a coffee cup in it.

A friend of mine once got these prank envelops that were printed with fake embarrassing logos/return addresses and he would send pointless stuff to people just for the giggles. I got an envelope that was supposedly "membership card enclosed" from the toe suckers society, or something equally absurd

Reactions: Tig
@Stratguy, does yours have the proper 12AT7 in the phase inverter (last before the power tubes) or did they stick a 12AX7 in there?

Well, I haven't popped open the back to look, but from what I read it's a 12AT7 as the phase inverter tube. Of course, there are 12AT7's and then there are 12AT7's. What I have are Groove Tubes in my amp. The user's guide does note that due to supply issues, they sometimes have to use tubes from other manufacturers.

Back