OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Brian Marshall of Subdecay confirms DLX delay pedal in the works:

Anyway, others have mentioned a delay as well. We have plans for a DLX echo pedal, but as with some of our other ideas, we keep adding ideas. We want to do something that goes beyond simply adding tap tempo and ratios.

As an example of something we have been working on combining: delay and under-sampling. feedback repeats make crazy bleep boop bop eeek mmmmk rrrrnk sounds. This isn't something you could do with two separate pedals, because one effect actually has to be placed inside the other.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com...n-the-future&p=46458031&posted=1#post46458031

i don't say this for a lot of builders. but if Brian is making a chock-full-of-features delay, then it's worth holding out for.

That is really impressive....but does it have the modulation stuff you are looking for?

Plus the guy who does all their videos is a great, great player. I like listening to the videos just for the playing.

i asked for speed and depth. i also got grit, tone, and trails. now it just has to as good as the demo.

The answer is: Howie's (aka HIAR) next delay in 2012.

What is the Suprapuss?
What is the Delaylab?
What is the M5?
Or
What is Fuck It?

Last edited by a moderator:
The answer is: Howie's (aka HIAR) next delay in 2012.

What is the Suprapuss?
What is the Delaylab?
What is the M5?
Or
What is Fuck It?

The contenders are:
Way Huge Supa Puss
Cusack Tap-A-Delay
Catalinbread Echorec

The Supa-Puss is clearly the frontrunner. It has everything I'm looking for. The question is how does it sound. The Cusack sounds excellent, but the modulation is limited to an 8 position selector switch. The Catalinbread is still being built, has 12 modulation options just like the Binson Echorec 2 did, but will not have tap tempo. So if the Supa Puss doesn't deliver, it comes down to which is more important, tap tempo or modulation? We shall see...

Last edited by a moderator:
stolen from TGP.

i have no idea if those chips are any good, but here they are.

IMAG0547.jpg

IMAG0546.jpg

stolen from TGP.

i have no idea if those chips are any good, but here they are.

IMAG0546.jpg

The BL3208A chips are low noise BBD (The Bucket Brigade Device) variable Delay Line chips used in modulation (ie: chorus, flanging)

L3208A/B 2048-Stage BBD

The BL3208A/B is a 2048-stage low voltage operation, and low noise BBD variable Delay Line in Audio frequency range. The device operates on +5V to +10V supply and provides a signal delay up to 102.4ms.The BL3208 contains 3208A and 3208B two classes. The only differences between them are the outlook and pin assignment. By Shanghai Belling Co, Ltd

http://www.datasheetdir.com/BL3208+IrDA

The delay chips could be the surface mounts hidden or what can't be seen on the rest of the board.

Back