OMG START HOARDING BOURBON NOW!!!!

Here is Grandpaws' Stetson. It has been gigged for almost 40 years.
The hipster I'm backing up, well at least he has some taste.
b184ea15-1d1d-454a-a310-ba8effefc4f8_zpsbc605121.jpg
That's a good lookin lid.

That's a good lookin lid.

Yep, and it has family history, so it is priceless.
I wouldn't worry about the hipster connections to anything we already have been wearing for decades. I doubt anyone would confuse me with one anyway!

To me the one defining element of a "hipster" is that they try very hard, too hard, to look a certain way they perceive is cool
even though they are copying others just like them.
whatever.gif

Yep, and it has family history, so it is priceless.
I wouldn't worry about the hipster connections to anything we already have been wearing for decades. I doubt anyone would confuse me with one anyway!

To me the one defining element of a "hipster" is that they try very hard, too hard, to look a certain way they perceive is cool
even though they are copying others just like them.
whatever.gif

That definition fits just about everyone for everything in our society. Even those trying hard not to try hard. Welcome to hipsterville. Population, you.

Back in the 60's, even as I wore my tie-dye and bell bottoms, I would joke about wearing my non-conformist uniform.

Same as it ever was. :hippie:

Welcome to hipsterville. Population, you.

I've killed men for less! :embarrassed:
Seriously, if jeans, a t-shirt and occasionally a baseball cap (on the right way) are hipster,
I'm a fucking hipster all the way, from my first cigarette to my last dying day. :cool:

That definition fits just about everyone for everything in our society. Even those trying hard not to try hard.

So, if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice?

I've killed men for less! :embarrassed:
Seriously, if jeans, a t-shirt and occasionally a baseball cap (on the right way) are hipster,
I'm a fucking hipster all the way, from my first cigarette to my last dying day. :cool:

So, if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice?

Yep. And hipsters are of the age where it's ok to wear a Rush t-shirt. :tongue:

So everyone is a hipster? idn_smilie Hmmmm, maybe in NYC.
I dunno, I have a long way to go to approach this since I'm boring as fuck...
hipsters.jpg

hipster1.png

May I never get close.

I was at the George Dickel distillery with some friends a while back, and they let us taste the mash from a bunch of different fermenting tanks. Most of them tasted very nice. Sweet and flavorful. But one of them tasted god awful. Sour and bitter at the same time. Afterwards they told us the bitter one was Crown Royal. :)

Hint: You don't drink the mash. And yes, since Crown is a blended whiskey(read cheap) and may utilize any number of components, I dont doubt some nasty stuff goes in there. But lets face it. Whiskey is some nasty stuff any way you choose to consume it. I prefer something palatable and not overpriced.

Early Times is a decent inexpensive Kentucky Bourbon. Often overlooked by whiskey snobs.

I rarely buy something over $35 unless it is really good stuff. There are several tasty bourbons between $20-$30.

Si?

Last edited:
So everyone is a hipster? idn_smilie Hmmmm, maybe in NYC.
I dunno, I have a long way to go to approach this since I'm boring as fuck...
hipsters.jpg

hipster1.png

May I never get close.

those aren't hipsters, they're fashionistas. and frankly, most of the attributes put on hipsters, including "unwarrented (sic) self importance" pertain to the general public. it's a baseless argument because true hipsters wouldn't actually be considered hipsters by those who have been labelled as hipsters. they'd be considered over the hill old guys with quirks. you know, us. :grin:

Reactions: Tig
Don't worry. Hooch companies like money...they like it enough & have deep enough pockets to build or expand as demand requires. Granted, there's a delay in getting up to speed as barrels age but they'll cope w/ alternate bottlings and interesting offerings to keep you engaged.

Back